This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 24, 2019 at 4:10 pm #4452047

peterV-75

I have used the "custom add to cart button".
In czech it reads "přidat do košíku".
I can not find it in any of the strings (not even admin).

Advice would be appreciated,
Peter.

August 25, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4454663

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Peter,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me how did you add the custom add to cart button, please? Did you use a plugin or maybe some code? I just want to know how is this element built so I can look at the right place for translating it.

Thanks,
Radu

August 29, 2019 at 9:47 am #4479523

peterV-75

Hi Radu,

sorry, I forgot to mention its made in Elementor.

I'am trying to solve one more issue:
Each text element on the first screenshot I send you has a link - so by clicking it the visitor gets redirected to the product concerned.
Problem: In the translation page I can only find the text of each element, but not the links - I need to replace them so they redirect to the correct langue mutation of the product.
Please see attached screenshot.

August 30, 2019 at 7:50 am #4485145

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

Could you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at the way that these element are created, please? This way I'll be able to see how to translate the add to cart button.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 1, 2019 at 9:13 pm #4493287

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

Can you send me the credentials for having access to the website, please? I need to get pass through an authorisation step before being able to access the wp-admin area.

Thanks,
Radu

September 2, 2019 at 10:31 am #4496321

peterV-75

I will send whatever you need, but I do not understand.
What is the autorisation step? Worpress?My server?

September 3, 2019 at 6:09 am #4501423

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

There's this additional login section that I need to get pass through, before being able to access the /wp-admin/ login area (see the screenshot). Is there any chance that you could send me the credentials for it too, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 4, 2019 at 9:01 pm #4514095

peterV-75

My question was: "What is the autorisation step? Worpress?My server?" !!!
Do you know? At least send me the link!

September 5, 2019 at 7:31 am #4516141

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

When I try to access this link hidden link, I get the login from the image I attached. Can you tell me if you see it too, please? I cannot get to the WordPress login page without adding some other credentials to these two fields.

Thanks,
Radu

September 5, 2019 at 9:14 am #4517423

peterV-75

Hi Radu,
when I click the link, I do not get that authorisation request as you do. I do not know where it comes from. I have the following instal on my hosting server: WordPress + woocommerce + elementro + cartflows + twentyseventeen theme. Nothing else, no plugins, no nothing.
I have no other credentials I could send you, except my own.
Please mark the next message as private so I can send you my own admin credentials.

Cheers, Peter

p.s. "Radu" means "advice" in Czech 🙂

September 6, 2019 at 6:37 am #4523467

peterV-75

Hi, I really need to be able to work on this over the weekend. Can you look into it, or pass it to someone else?

September 6, 2019 at 10:32 am #4524845

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

Sorry that it took a bit longer to come back to you. I was able to go over that 401 authorization by using a different browser. This time, a message was attached saying what username and password I should use. I think that this is something from the server side (you might try to reach out the hosting provider and ask him about some more details).

Once I got into the dashboard area, I was able to have a look at this. As I can see, you're using outdated versions of Elementor and Elementor Pro. In this case, please update them to the latest version first. After that, make a small change to the Kategorie - Děti page (like adding a point to the end of a text, for example), and try again to edit the translation. Can you tell me if the text you're looking for is available for translation this time, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 6, 2019 at 4:06 pm #4526495

peterV-75

Hi Radu,

updated.
No, the button text is still not for translation.
Lets take this page as an example.

September 9, 2019 at 7:33 pm #4539915

peterV-75

Hi! are you still there Radu?

September 10, 2019 at 10:31 am #4544217

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

Sorry for this delay but we had a bigger load of tickets over the weekend and that's why I replied back a bit slower. Also, I needed to run some tests on my website to see if there's anything that can be done about this custom add to cart button.

As you can see here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#wpml-ready-elementor-add-ons, there's a list of all the Elementor elements that are supported by WPML (and the one that you're using is not a part of them). In this case, you'll need to set the Use WPML's Translation Editor option to Off, and create the Hungarian translation using the Elementor interface too. This way you'll be able to use a different text for the add to cart button.

As I mentioned, I run some tests, added this element to a page, and tried to find a way to make this field translatable. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any change to make this work. This is why you'll need to create the translation using the Elementor interface and add the different text this way.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Elementor – dont know where to translate add to cart button.’ is closed to new replies.