Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 -
- 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 29, 2022 at 3:45 pm #11123909

gaetanP-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I want to translate my main website, so to do some tests I've translated the staging version. All the content is translated (even page titles that are displayed in the menu, the footer is translated and available in the template section). But I have a problem with them being displayed on the translated pages. Just after the translation, when I go to the French version I don't have the right header or the footer. It shows me a header with an image (it does not take the header style Eight) and the footer is the one from the English page (main language)
You'll see a difference between the french home page and the other french pages. I've let the default parameters for the french Home page, and changed every other french pages, one per one.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

Is there a similar example that we can see?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-elementor-footer-does-not-change-with-the-language/

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

April 30, 2022 at 7:22 pm #11127085

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

It seems your website is running low on WP Memory Limit.

Could you please increase your WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

PHP MemoryLimit 256M
WP Memory Limit 40M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* Memory Limit /
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, which means, with a default theme and no other plugins installed.

After applying the limit please check the site, and if no changes show up, please try to translate the templates again and verify if this solved the issue.

If the issue will not be solved, let me know and I will enable the private reply form for having a closer look at your site if you agree?

Best regards
Andreas

May 2, 2022 at 9:03 am #11131403

gaetanP-5

Hello Andreas,

As you mentioned, I did change the memory limit and I translated the template and the home page. It does not seem to change the fact that on the French home page an image appears and should not be there, and the footer does not appear. Here are screens of the French Home page.

Secondly, it seems that now it will directly choose the right footer (style eight) but as before It won't choose any short header (normally set on none or default) and any footer (normally set on footer style three). I shared another screen for that (named test parameters).

Thanks in advance

Test parameters french page WP STG.png
Test Header WP STG.jpg
test Footer WP STG.png
May 3, 2022 at 2:43 pm #11141569

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better for a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “All In One WP Migration” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

The steps are also shown in this video: hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

May 3, 2022 at 3:25 pm #11141881

gaetanP-5

Hello,

Thanks that would be great if we could do this, but in order to create a wp account, I will need an email. Could you share one so that I can share access to our wp?

Thanks in advance.

May 3, 2022 at 5:27 pm #11143475

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

My E-mail is:

andreas.w@onthegosystems.com

Profile:
https://wpml.org/forums/users/andreas-w/

Best regards
Andreas

May 4, 2022 at 6:31 pm #11153893

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

It appears that your site has "Translate everything" activated but there are no more pre-paid credits available.

This is why your template translations are not completed.

You could purchase more credits, subscribe to the subscription model for credits, or use "Translate some" mode and translate yourself.

Also, please take a backup of your site and database and update Elementor and Elementor PRO in case you run into further issues.

If the issues remain afterwards, please let me know.

Best regards
Andreas

May 5, 2022 at 7:53 am #11157177

gaetanP-5

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your answer. About the "Translate Everything", I never used any credits to translate automatically. The process I do to translate my different pages and templates is that I go to translation management to choose all the pages and blogs to translate, then I go to string translation to retrieve the content that was not available or translated directly into the page. Then I go to translations, export all the work into XLIFF 1.2, and I translate it using our own translation tool. And finally, integrate back the translated content into the translation pages. With that, all my content is well translated and integrated back, except the footer (the translation is available in the template) which is not chosen on the translated pages.

About the update of Elementor, I tried on Monday, and it broke my website, the design on a laptop is breaking and I have no option to keep the website as it is. But if you want to try something you can make the update and see if it changes anything regarding translation. But I don't think that'll be the case.

Don't worry I already have a backup.

Thanks for your time.

Q.

May 5, 2022 at 3:06 pm #11160905

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Your site was still set to "translate everything" at WPML > Settings > Translation Mode, which for not any translation will complete, unless there are credits available.

I have switched now to "Translate some" and created Translation jobs for all Elementor templates.

Please access their translations at WPML > Translations, complete the jobs to 100% and let me know if the issue persists afterward.

Best regards
Andreas

May 5, 2022 at 4:21 pm #11161483

gaetanP-5

Hello,

I've done what you said and now the header is working well, but for the footer, it is now taking the english one even in French pages.

May 6, 2022 at 3:30 am #11164145

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

It seems that your current footer only works when the plugin "Template Library and Redux Framework" is activated as this plugin adds theme options to each page.

Now, I have tried on a French page to manually assign a French footer template translations, but it does not work as expected.

This appears to be an issue between the AppLounge Theme, Elementor PRO, and WPML and I would like to try to recreate the issue and escalate it internally.

Anyhow, please take note, that if we can recreate this issue, then I will need you to reach out to the theme author, as he claims that his theme is Elementor and WPML compatible and this issue might need to get fixed on theme/plugin side.

Please install the AppLounge Theme in its latest version here for testing:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Leave me a short notification, once the theme is installed.

Apart from that, take note that on the staging I am not able to test with the latest versions of Elementor and Elementor PRO. Once I update Elementor on your site the footer completely disappears, also from original languages, and does still not show up, even when I disable WPML.

It might be related to the fact, that I can not update Elementor PRO on the staging:

Update failed: Download failed. Unauthorized

Best regards
Andreas

select footer.png
May 9, 2022 at 10:00 am #11179797

gaetanP-5

Hello Andreas, thanks for the information, I didn't know that the footer was managed by a plugin.
No problem, if you need to do several things to test and recreate this bug, you can do it on my wp instance.

As the elementor and theme (AppLounge) had been installed by freelance, I'll see with him for the theme update, and get back to you as soon as possible!

For Elementor and Elementor PRO, I'm currently trying to solve this problem. I use the license on my live website, so the staging version is considered as a second website and makes elementor pro unavailable on it. I get back to you as soon as possible about that problem.

May 10, 2022 at 3:33 pm #11191139

Marcel
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Patrick,

my name is Marcel and I will help you today, as my colleague Andreas is not available today.

Thanks for the info! Please let us know once Elementor Pro is actual so that we can exclude any issues caused by an outdated version.

Thank You!

Best Regards
Marcel

May 10, 2022 at 4:38 pm #11191675

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

If possible, ask the author of the plugin if they are compatible with WPML. if they are, please ask them to take a look at the issue since, if the plugin is indeed compatible with WPML, it's because they are handling the compatibility with us.

Since you already have Elementor pro, i'd suggest you use it instead of the plugins and translate them as shown here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

Regards.

May 17, 2022 at 8:02 am #11235093

gaetanP-5

Hello all,

Thanks for your answer.

The elementor Pro license is now set on staging all the pro features are available!

This is also set for the theme, the last version is uploaded.

Do we need to re-do some test before contacting the author or do I do it now?

Thanks in advance.

The topic ‘[Closed] Elementor Footer and Header do not change with the language’ is closed to new replies.