If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by emmanuelT-3 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 2:13 am #4047101

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

In order to solve the issue please proceed as followed:

Go to wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders-elementor/src/class-wpml-elementor-translatable-nodes.php

and change

required_message  

to

required_field_message

Let me know if you need any assistance and if the issue was solved.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 19, 2019 at 7:18 am #4048717

emmanuelT-3

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your answer and your efforts.

> Let me know if you need any assistance and if the issue was solved.

It's a very partial temporary fix.
Yes, it does temporarily fix only the "Form: Required message" string missing, when we add a new Form widget.

But...
1/ It does not fix the display of this missing strings on existing Form widgets on existing pages.
2/ It does not fix the issue of the "Form: Email subject" string displayed twice (either for new or existing Form widgets).
3/ It's a temporary fix that will be overwritten by the next WPML update.

And I add this reminder because:
1/ you're not the first one who gives me a fix that has already been overwritten by the last 3 WPML updates...
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-translating-an-elementor-pricelist-widget-p-tag-are-added/?bbp_reply_to=3332743&_wpnonce=bee565634d#post-3332743
2/ as long as you guys who have answers can't convince the dev team to do their job and add them in WPML, I can't consider anything fixed as it will always be broken 1 month after.

Thanks!

June 19, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4052213

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I want to let you know that I understand that you are unsatisfied with a temporary solution but the fix is planned to be included into the next update for WPML.

Our developers also have revised the "success message" issue and this duplicated subject, is not a duplicate. It's a default value added by Elementor for a 2nd email subject email_subject_2.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 20, 2019 at 7:34 am #4057263

emmanuelT-3

> Our developers also have revised the "success message" issue

Is there any issue on the "Success message"?

> ...and this duplicated subject, is not a duplicate.
> It's a default value added by Elementor for a 2nd email subject email_subject_2

What do you mean?
There's no email_subject_2 in the Form widget.
Is it really an active functionality or just some code not removed from an old feature or from tests from Elementor?

And in any case, even if you have a valid reason to keep it (which I still need to understand), you need to differentiate them. You can't have 2 strings with no way to differentiate which one is for what, so be able to find the one you're looking for. Otherwise you can't do any translation.

September 10, 2019 at 8:34 am #4543045

emmanuelT-3

Hi Andreas,

I didn't got any reply to my previous message.

> Our developers also have revised the "success message" issue

What "Success message" are you talking about?
Is there any issue on the "Success message"?

Beside that, yesterday the 4.2.8 version of WPML Multilingual CMS was released.

So now, when a new translation is created:
- the 2nd "Form: Email subject" is now named "Form: Email subject 2"
- and "Form: Required message" is now added.

BUT...
1/ There's still nothing done for for existing pages/translations!!!
- the 2nd "Form: Email subject" still has the same name
- and the "Form: Required message" is still not available
I hope you're not asking us to re-create all our existing pages?!

2/ It has maybe be done intentionally (hoping Elementor will align the field name), but instead of replacing "required_message" by "required_field_message" as you suggested (which worked fine), a full new array for "required_field_message" has been added on top of the "required_message" array. It may has left unused/dead code in the file (the "required_message" array) :-/

3/ You still did not provide any explanation about this "Form: Email subject 2".
There's no such 2nd "Email subject" in the Elementor Form widget. So what is it? Why is it polluting the translation?
Is it really an active functionality? Or just some dead code not removed from an old feature or tests from Elementor?
We need to know what is it, the purpose, the use, if we want to understand IF there's anything to translate and HOW (knowing that we can't access anywhere, so we can't modify/personalize, the original string).

Thanks.
Best regards

September 13, 2019 at 6:39 pm #4570389

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry for the delay on my answer:

"This thread is marked as fixed in next release. Support staff may not reply to more posts. If you need further assistance from our staff, please start a new thread."

I am following up with our compatiblity team about your requests and I will be in contact as soon I receive a reply.

Kind regards
Andrea

September 16, 2019 at 9:11 pm #4584221

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have received feedback regarding your questions:

1- You need to update the original page with any minor text and update the translation accordingly. There is sadly not any other way around.
2- We left the required_message on purpose for backward compatibility. People who didn't update Elementor should be able to translate that field.
3- There is a 2nd email subject in Elementor but it's hidden. It can be customized after you enable the Email2 action as shown in the screenshot.

I hope this answered your questions.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 17, 2019 at 7:44 am #4586125

emmanuelT-3

Hi Andreas,

> 1- You need to update the original page with any minor text and update
> the translation accordingly. There is sadly not any other way around.

Ok, thanks, it works.

> 2- We left the required_message on purpose for backward compatibility. People
> who didn't update Elementor should be able to translate that field.

Ok.

> 3- There is a 2nd email subject in Elementor but it's hidden. It can be customized
> after you enable the Email2 action as shown in the screenshot.

Ok, seen.

Thanks for your answers.
Finally... after 6 months and 5 versions of WPML, the fix is in production!
Issue closed.

Thanks Andreas for your efforts!

September 17, 2019 at 7:51 am #4586143

emmanuelT-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!