This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
June 21, 2019 at 3:30 am #4064309

alexL-45

Hi,

In my website "icuci88.com" i got set up my own header and own footer, then i try to using WPML to do auto translation. After translate successful, when i using the WPML short code and insert it on the header area, then when i try to change to other language the header that i translate is no working it still showing english language instead of showing Chinese language.

Thank You

June 21, 2019 at 4:16 am #4064601

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

Can you please mention how are you adding/selecting header template?

If it is located in Theme Options/Customizer, please follow the instructions on this page to locate the header template option and make it translateable:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/#finding-the-theme-options-and-making-them-translatable

Then go to WPML - String Translation, look for the option name you chosed and add template ID for different languages you have.

Also, I was unable to find the theme you are using "JupiterX" on our WPML compatible theme list:

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Please note that this doesn't mean your theme is not compatible with WPML. It just means we haven't tested it ourself.

I suggest you to ask the theme author to join our GoGlobal program to make sure the theme is fully compatible with WPML:

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Let me know if this helps!

June 21, 2019 at 5:41 am #4064791

alexL-45

Hi Rajeeb,

The way to add the header template is:
Using Theme Options/Customizer.

Which mean i need to do string translation for that template?

Thank You

June 21, 2019 at 5:45 am #4064817

alexL-45

Hi,

But previously i got do auto translation on that header template, so now i still need to do another auto translation on string translation option?

Thank You

June 21, 2019 at 5:58 am #4064829

alexL-45

[removed]

June 21, 2019 at 11:50 pm #4069487

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi Alex,

Can you please provide more details on what do you mean by auto translation?

June 22, 2019 at 12:50 am #4069531

alexL-45

Hi Rajeeb,

Ok. Actually in my website i got using elementor to build a header and footer. You can found it on "My Template" > "icuci header" & "icuci footer". I using Auto machine translation under translation management to do translate for those section and the both section successful translated. (As you can see from screenshot below)
hidden link

But when i back to my front page then select the language on my menu it didn't see any translation. the header and footer still remain english instead of other language. You can try to change the language on my website
hidden link

Thank You

June 23, 2019 at 7:35 am #4072623

alexL-45

Besides that, i found another problem as i am purchase CMS version which mean i will get 3 license and each license will provide me free 2000 words auto translation but when i enter the second license on my second website it continue with previous license words count instead of starting new 2000 words. Last time i ask the pre-sale question they said is 2000 free is for each license but now it is totally different
hidden link

June 25, 2019 at 3:03 am #4080843

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your patience.

I was able to see your site and found that your theme supports WPML. You can select theme options based on the language.

hidden link
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/how-to-create-multilingual-sites-using-jupiter-theme-and-wpml/#setting-theme-options

I also see that you are running 1.5.0 version of JupiterX theme. Please update the theme and see if that "automatically" shows up the translated header.

The 2000 words count for automatic translation is based per account. So, the 3 licenses do not give you access to extra words count.

June 25, 2019 at 3:06 am #4080917

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi Alex,

I saw your new post as well. The new site you linked is working perfectly and shows different header based on language.

Let me know if you have any questions!