This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Elementor's Footer Template (new Elementor template feature) is not showing the translation for the other language.

Solution:

Please try the following steps after a full site backup and check you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Visit /wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/classes/ folder

2) Open conditions-manager.php file for edit

3) Scroll down to line 246

4) Change the following code just after:

foreach ( $conditions_groups as $theme_template_id => $conditions ) {

$theme_template_id = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $theme_template_id, 'elementor_library', true );

To:

if (!is_admin()) {
    $theme_template_id = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $theme_template_id, 'elementor_library', true );
}

5) Save the changes.

6) Then open the English Footer template for edit (Default/Native Editor).

7) Click on *Overwrite with French contents* button of Language widget on the right side of the page.

8) Translate the contents.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 19, 2018 at 3:18 pm #1694302

anthonyG-18

I am trying to: I've created an entire site Footer with the new Elementor template feature. It works well, and I have decided to translate it into another language using WPML. However, when I switch to that new language (English), the footer shown is still the former one (in French). Is there a way to properly show the French Footer for the French version and vice versa in English?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Footer's translation in English

Instead, I got: Footer's former language (French)

I first contacted Elementor support but directed towards your team which works closely with them so you should be able to assist you better regarding this issue.

Thanks,

April 22, 2018 at 1:57 pm #1751823

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

I assume that you have followed the instructions on our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

I'm not familiar with the new Elementor template feature.
So I can help you better, I would like to replicate this problem on my test site.
Could you, please tell me the steps to replicate this issue?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 23, 2018 at 12:33 pm #1767537

anthonyG-18

Hi,

I've indeed followed the instructions of the video.

On the backend of my site (Edit with Elementor page), both of the footers are in their own language. I's only when I try visiting the English version of the site where the footer appears in French and not in English, whereas it has been translated.

To replicate the issue :

1) On the WordPress admin panel, go to Elementor > My Templates
2) "Add New"
3) Select"Footer"
4) Create template in original language (French)
5) In Elementor Edit Page, choose "Display Conditions" and select "Entire site", then Publish
5) Duplicate the page from original language (French) to wanted language (English) using WPML
6) Translate either using Elementor edit page or WPML Translation Management

Hope that helps.

Thanks in advance,

Steven

April 23, 2018 at 3:18 pm #1772168

gabrielG-21

I am having the same problem.

Footer is translated in the templates library, but does not appear as translated on the pages.

April 24, 2018 at 8:19 pm #1797112

Itamar
Supporter

Thank you, Steven, for the detailed explanation.

I can replicate this issue on my local tests site with Elementor Pro (2.0.3).
This issue is known to our developers, but unfortunately, I have no workaround to share with you right now. I can see in our internal documentation that out compatibility team is working with the Elementor's developers team to make the template feature compatible and translatable with WPML. I'm escalating this ticket to our compatibility team, and we will notify you here when this feature will be compatible. Currently, I have no ETA for this.

@gabrielg-21, please continue to follow here as well to get notified when this is compatible.

Regards,
Itamar.

April 25, 2018 at 8:32 am #1804451

anthonyG-18

Hi Itamar,

Thank you, looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Steven

April 28, 2018 at 6:51 pm #1877704

ragaE

Hi Itamar,

I've got the same issue and would love the hear about a solution.

Cheers Agar

April 30, 2018 at 11:33 am #1895075

Itamar
Supporter

Hi Agar.

I'm still checking it with our second tier.
This might need to be worked in cooperation with the Elementor developers.
I'll keep updating here.

May 3, 2018 at 1:25 pm #1958319

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our second tier supporter is suggesting a fix for this issue. Please try it and let e know if it works for you.

Please try the following steps after a full site backup and check you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Visit *wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/classes* folder
2) Open *conditions-manager.php* file for edit
3) Scroll down to line 246
4) Make the following code just after *foreach ( $conditions_groups as $theme_template_id => $conditions ) {*

To:

if (!is_admin()) {
}

5) Save the changes.
6) Then open the English Footer template for edit (Default/Native Editor).
7) Click on *Overwrite with French contents* button of Language widget on the right side of the page.
8) Translate the contents into English.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 3, 2018 at 8:15 pm #1965949

ragaE

Hi Itamar,

Great to see you guys working on the issue. I try to follow up on your instructions but I've got different code. I went to line 246 in file conditions-manager.php (see my screenshot). I'm working in Elementor Pro version 2.0.3.

Cheers Agar

May 3, 2018 at 10:07 pm #1966779

Itamar
Supporter

Agar, it looks like the right place.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
You need to add a code.

After that you add the code line 246 - 250 should be like this.

foreach ( $conditions_groups as $theme_template_id => $conditions ) {
  if (!is_admin()) {
  }
  $post_status = get_post_status( $theme_template_id );

Is it working for you?

May 3, 2018 at 11:02 pm #1967097

ragaE

I tested it but it didn't resolve my issue, unfortunatyy I ran out of time. The next instance I can work on this project wil be the 14th of may. I hope someone else will find a working solution in the meanwhile.

May 6, 2018 at 9:38 am #1996665

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Steven (@anthonyG-18).
Have you tried this fix and is it working for you?

@ragae, I'm sorry, but I didn't notice that you are using our Multilingual Blog package.
When using the Elementor plugin, you need to have our Multilingual CMS package which also includes the Strings Translation and Translation Management elements.
https://wpml.org/purchase/
Please also review our documentation about how to work with WPML and the Elementor plugin here. https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

May 8, 2018 at 9:00 am #2025818

anthonyG-18

Hello Itamar,

This did the trick for me, thank you.

Steven

May 9, 2018 at 7:45 am #2045213

Itamar
Supporter

Great, Steven!
I'm glad that it works now.

Cheers,
Itamar.