If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by antoniG-2 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 20, 2019 at 6:05 am #4249261

antoniG-2

I just bought WPML, I'm trying to translate the home page (and all pages in future including blogs) but after adding the shortcode and trying out the translated page it turns to a completely white page. breaking the site when selected. I followed the elementor WPML video setup as concisely as I could and receive this error, I did notice however once installing the plugins to my website I wasn't notified to activate anything for elementor. I just installed the plugins, went to pages and editing pages for English and Portuguese. Please help 🙂

July 20, 2019 at 1:16 pm #4249893

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

July 21, 2019 at 12:07 am #4250603

antoniG-2

Hi strangely I've correctly entered the debug settings as you said and even had hostinger support confirm my word press debug configuration was correct but the content folder doesn't show any logs.

July 21, 2019 at 7:07 am #4251511

antoniG-2

I even tried to put it on my localhost, and still no logs I used the code again.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

July 21, 2019 at 8:05 am #4251559

antoniG-2

Hi, the website is finished migrating, thanks.

July 21, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4252835

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

thanks for the copy. I found the issue actually is not with Elementor, but with the Advanced Translation Editor.

When I updated the original page I could see the menus and the footer in the Portuguese translation, but the content was missing. I did some tests and I see that if I use the Classic Translation Editor instead of the Advanced I can see the content.

I tried a few things to fix the problem but so far I didn't succeed, so I asked for a second opinion. I'll update you as soon as possible.

July 21, 2019 at 11:53 pm #4253049

antoniG-2

Ok, thank you for taking the time to do this it`s really very appreciated, I would have been completely lost without this support. Look forward to your response & hopefully a solution soon.

July 23, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4266367

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

we found the issue and solved it on your site's copy (see here: hidden link)

To solve it, I would need to operate a small change in the database. I would need the site's credentials and your permission to install a plugin that will allow me to access the database. I will remove it once it's done.

Before you grant me access, you must perform a full backup of the site and the database, so if there are issues you can restore everything quickly. I will not perform any operation before you assure me you have a working backup.

If you agree with this, please add credentials in the next private reply.

July 25, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4284481

antoniG-2

Hi there, thanks for taking a look, however, the website was so poorly put together by myself and I must've made massive errors with migration since I was receiving other strange problems within WordPress itself, I just started the website over again with clean WordPress install and now wpml is working perfectly. thank you for your time.