Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
January 25, 2020 at 10:11 pm #5362881

bojanP-5

Hi,
We have a problem with Smart Filters translation. Our website is about books, organised by Years, Departments and Editions. We have a page labeled "All issues" where we have to put all our books but with filter by category at left side. Everything else is working perfectly, just this filter doesn't work at all. After translating both languages are displayed, regardless chosen one. Another problem: on page of a single book that translated labels for department and edition does not show as translated, just as in main language. Please, see attached images. Just to mention: every texts that you can see in red, thats linked... I don't know is that of any help for you... To be honest, I'm beginner...
Thank you!
Bojan

January 27, 2020 at 1:48 pm #5370235

bojanP-5

Please...

January 27, 2020 at 2:55 pm #5370711

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello Bojan,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

The JetEngine plugins don't appear in our Multilingual-Ready Plugins list, you can double check it here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
This means that our compatibility team hasn't validated it yet.

I recommend you to contact with the plugin's authors and let them know about this issue.

In the other hand, as this seems to be a compatibility problem, the issue must be reproduced in a fresh new WordPress install with only WPML plugins activated and a default WordPress theme. Could you create a staging site with this minimal setup and check if the issue persists?

Note: This minimal setup only needs the minimal test content to reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
Carlos

January 27, 2020 at 4:39 pm #5371703

bojanP-5

Carlos,
I know that this set of Crocoblock plugins isn't tested by your side, but your support forum contain many posts about this plugins set. At Crocoblock they said that their plugins are fully compatible wit WPML. So, as I can see, you did not want to just take a try to help me. So thank you for that... Nice.
Bojan

January 27, 2020 at 11:50 pm #5373203

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Bojan,
I'm sorry if I gave you a wrong impression.

I'm more than willing to help you but I haven't work with that plugin, that's why I asked you to reproduce the issue in a fresh new WordPress install. Could you reproduce the issue in a new site or provide access to the live site so I can take a closer look?

I have set your next answer private so you can provide the access credentials in a secure way.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

January 28, 2020 at 11:44 am #5376821

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Bojan,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

I took a deeper look at this issue and I suspect that the cause of the issue is in the Query variable value in this link: hidden link

Could you describe how this Query variable is created? I think this query variable is missing the language filter.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

January 28, 2020 at 11:47 am #5376825

bojanP-5

Hi Carlos, thank you for your time...
To be honest I don't know. Feel free to try to do whatever you think is necessary, I have enough backups.
Regards,
Bojan

January 28, 2020 at 2:59 pm #5378367

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Bojan,

I took another look at the issue and I don't understand how the Query Variable is created. Could you contact the support service of the plugin and ask them about this?

Note: I also took a look at the changelog of the Jet plugins and is not specified any compatibility between Smart Filters and WPML, you can double check it here: hidden link

Regards,
Carlos

January 28, 2020 at 3:11 pm #5378553

bojanP-5

Hi Carlos,
I sent both your messages to Crocoblock support. I'll inform you, I hope soon.
Thanks,
Bojan

January 28, 2020 at 3:13 pm #5378565

bojanP-5

Please, log out, so that they can log in, it's the same login details for both supports. Thanks.

January 28, 2020 at 3:13 pm #5378567

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Bojan,
Thank you for your message.

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Regards,
Carlos

January 31, 2020 at 12:39 am #5395647

bojanP-5

Hi Carlos,
Few problems resolved by Crocoblock, few more to go. I’ll inform you soon.
Regards, Bojan

January 31, 2020 at 12:04 pm #5398805

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for keeping me updated 🙂

Regards,
Carlos

January 31, 2020 at 3:18 pm #5400751

bojanP-5

Hi Carlos,
At Crocoblock they fixed their Smart Filter plugin, there has been error in that plugin, they fixed it and soon they will release new, corrected version. But they don't know why my CPTs Editions (Edicije) and Departments (Odjeljenja) are not displayed correctly. CPTs are translated to english but not showing at specific frontpages. That are images 1, 2, 3 and 4 from first post. Crocoblock support team said that everything is OK at their side, they don't know what is going on. Can you please try to help me, I'm desperate...
Thanks in advance,
Bojan

February 1, 2020 at 9:30 am #5403721

bojanP-5

Carlos,
just to thank you for trying to solve my problems. At the end I decided to use TranslatePress plugin. Working perfectly for my needs. Thanks. Please, can this post be deleted from public viewing?
Thanks, best regards,
Bojan