This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 7:40 am

uweH

I am trying to:
Hello,

I have a multilanguage page with German (Default), English, Danish and Polish pages. I created templates for several sections for multiusage throughout the website. It all works fine for the English and the Danish templates but as soon as I try to insert a Polish template (or even a polish Global Widget) it won't show on the page. Furthermore, the loading time for "Edit with Elementor" if I try to edit the template from the "Saved Templates" page lasts for ages and sometimes I got a timeout for the page. I provide a video which shows the problem in detail: hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The Polish Elementor template inside the page (see the layouted page with applied English Elementor template: hidden link )

Instead, I got:
Nothing from that content.

Because this only applies to the Polish templates (the English and Danish templates are working fine and could be inserted into the pages without any problems) maybe I overlooked any setting I have to change for the Polish language? But I found nothing which is ONLY applicable for the Polish language, but maybe there is something which I do not know of?

How do I create the Polish Template (the process is the same for English and Danish):
1. I create the template by creating the required sections in the German (default language) page.
2. I save these templates via the right-click function
3. I export the template from the "Templates" area in the WordPress backend: hidden link
4. I change the language to the desired language (Polish in this case)
5. I import the template into this language
6. I change the text and images accordingly to the new language and save the template

For English and Danish this procedure worked like a charm and I was able to use the templates in Elementor without any problem but in Polish the template's content does not show up after inserting it into the page.

I have updated the Elementor and Elementor Pro and the WPML plugins to the latest versions but that does not change the behavior.

Thanks for any help on this matter
Uwe

August 26, 2019 at 9:42 am
August 26, 2019 at 10:27 am #4457637

uweH

Hi Jamal, apparently the migration failed, I got the following screen: hidden link

What can I do now? Are there some settings in the plugin?

August 26, 2019 at 11:42 am #4458067

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Can you run the cleanup actions in WPML->Support-> Troubleshooting?

Please check the Javascript console when editing Elementor pages/templates for any possible errors.
Also, activate PHP debugging and check if there are any logged when editing in Polish
errors.http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

If this does not help, please allow me to take a Duplicator copy and try in my local machine.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 27, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4466405

uweH

Hi Jamal,

how can I send you a Duplicator copy? Best wishes, Uwe

August 27, 2019 at 12:23 pm #4466431

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Please add a download link in the Duplicator private area.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 27, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4466451

uweH

P.S.: I'll create the duplicator package and will send you the DropBox Link

August 27, 2019 at 12:28 pm #4466455

uweH

P.S.2:

Our messages have overcrossed each other. So my questions:
1. what is the "Duplicator private area"?
2. would the DropBox also work for you?

Thanks
Uwe

August 27, 2019 at 1:43 pm #4467353

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Uwe,

I activate "the Duplicator private area" from my side and it will appear in your reply form. This makes it private for other users of wpml.org. Images and links remain also private for other users except you and the support team.

Yes, DropBox link will work for me too. I activated again the private area for both login info and Duplicator link.

If you have any doubts, you can use my email jamal.b(at)onthegosystems.com

Best regards,
Jamal

August 28, 2019 at 3:50 pm
August 29, 2019 at 12:46 pm #4480981

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. I was able to create a Duplicator package and download it yesterday. Today after rebuilding your website I run a compatibility test with the current plugins.

After deactivating all plugins Except Elementor Elementor Pro and WPML plugins, the issues were not present anymore. I was able to open a Polish page(#2704) in Elementor without being stuck with the "Open in Safe mode" from Elementor and to add a Polish template(with the map).
I then activated all plugins that have Elementor in the title and could not have any issues:
- Elementor
- Elementor Pro
- Emage Hover Effects for Elementor
- Livemesh Addons for Elementor (Premium)
- Make Column Clickable Elementor
- Page Templater For Elementor
- WPML CMS Nav
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML Page Builders
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management

Even after activating back all the plugins except (gravityforms_V2.3.2_NEUE-VERSION, gravity-forms-addons, and WP Staging) The issue was not present anymore on my local setup.

Maybe the deactivation of some plugins and opening each time the page in Elementor made Elementor correct a data inconsistency that was causing this issue.

Please activate PHP debugging and perform the following tests.
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

1. Deactivate all plugins except the following and open a page with Elementor to check:
- Elementor
- Elementor Pro
- Page Templater For Elementor
- WPML CMS Nav
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML Page Builders
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management

2. Then activate the following plugins, and open a page with Elementor to check:
- Emage Hover Effects for Elementor
- Livemesh Addons for Elementor (Premium)
- Make Column Clickable Elementor

3. Then activate back the plugins you are using in your website.

Let me know what you get.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 29, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4481217

uweH

Thanks for your thorough investigation. You said that the problem did not occur and you activated ALL plugins EXCEPT gravityforms_V2.3.2_NEUE-VERSION, gravity-forms-addons, and WP Staging). Why this exception? I am asking because except the WP Staging (which could be activated once needed) the 2 other plugins are ESSENTIAL and I can't deactivate them right now because editors are working around the clock and even on weekends to put content in the database (based on gravityforms).
So it would be VERY helpful if you could please activate "gravityforms_V2.3.2_NEUE-VERSION" and "gravity-forms-addons" on your local installation and check if you are still able to insert the Polish template?

Thanks a lot in advance and best wishes
Uwe

August 29, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4481967

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Uwe,

Sure.
When activating gravityforms_V2.3.2_NEUE-VERSION, it triggers a fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot declare class RGForms, because the name is already in use in C:\xampp\htdocs\wpml-4456457\wp-content\plugins\gravityforms_V2.3.2_NEUE-VERSION\gravityforms.php on line 5178
This is probably normal because there is already a plugin "gravityforms" activated. See the attached image of current plugins(gf-installed.png and gf-activated.png).

Gravity forms addons plugin was activated without issues. But it was generating PHP errors during my tests, that's why I omitted it. After activating it now, I was also able to open Polish page in Elementor and add a template inside of it.

Please let me know what you get when you do perform the steps I mentioned in my previous message.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Elementor Pro: Polish template won't load into the page’ is closed to new replies.