This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.34 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 21, 2019 at 9:03 pm #4435065

qingZ-3

Hello, WPML seems has conflict with Elementor Pro, I have a few products that are built by Elementor Pro(using Single product templates). I have 1 default language (English) and 1 translated language (Simplified Chinese).

When I enable the WPML CMS plugin, the single product page (in Chinese)cannot display the widgets in Elementor Editor(products images/options/description/quantity etc disappeared). When Disable WPML plugin, the translated page showed but without images and descriptions).

The website was built on WordPress.com(using worpress.com business plan with wordpress.com hosting, so I don't know how to grant ftp access or if it is possible). Also since I was pretty new for website building. I don't have much knowledge on coding.

Thank you

August 22, 2019 at 10:45 am #4438439

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue,

I need some more information about your issue.

1) Could you please explain, how you are translating the products,

2) Do you follow any documentation to translate the products?

If you are using Elementor templates to display products please refer the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

if you stuck, Please share temporary access to your site (no Ftp required), let me know the URL where the issue can be seen. I have enabled the private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

August 22, 2019 at 9:56 pm #4442999

qingZ-3

Hi Raja,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding your question 1, basically after I download/install/activate all the plugins (e.g. WPML cms/string translator/woocomeerce Multilingual) we start translating all the pages/products/elementor template builders using advanced translation editor.

I've translated everything possibly we can including taxonomy. I also used woo commerce Multilingual troubleshooting page to fix any error I saw until everything looks good in woocommerce Multilingual status. No matter what I do, the widget (of choosing quantity/size/product image) in product page just won't show up(however the header and footer were good. When I finally tried disable element or plugin, the widget came back but the formate of the whole page(e.g. site logo, header, menus) got messed up.

I check WPML support forums and there's one ticket that showed similar problem with mine. He also had this problem (his second post with screenshot that not showing product) https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-pro-single-product-template-problem/
He got his problem fixed with WPML update.But mine is the latest version of WMPL, still having this problem.

Regarding your question 2: yes I watched tutorial before started translating myself.

I have deleted every translated pages/products/categories, and disabled wimple and woocommerce Multilingual plugins and hope to start it fresh. How am I be able to grant you access to my website?

Thank you

August 23, 2019 at 7:35 am #4444861

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This sounds like the translation from ATE is not updated to the site. I would suggest add some minor modification to a product and send to translation again from Translation Management dashboard, The translation will be available in you WPML > translation queue where you can update the translation using ATE. This might help at times.

Since you have already tried the troubleshooting steps, It would be better for me to check the issue with a snapshot copy of your site.

Usually, with wordpress.com hosting, it would be possible for the clients to get a backup of the site using Jetpack can you please share a snapshot copy of your site?. I think duplicator plugin doesn't work with wordpress.com as well. Let me know the details.

If not we can try cloning your site to one of our private servers.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Elementor Pro Single product template problem with WPML’ is closed to new replies.