Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.94 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 5, 2020 at 9:28 am

thomasA-48

Elementor problems

February 5, 2020 at 1:12 pm
February 5, 2020 at 1:14 pm #5430609

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

This is the ticket now. As agreed, please create a Duplicator package ( exclude all the media files) and list the frequent issues you are seeing with Elementor, along with URLs, so that we can have a look.

I marked your next reply as private so that you can put a duplicator package URL.
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 5, 2020 at 1:39 pm
February 6, 2020 at 7:16 am #5436457

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I deployed the website to my localhost, but perhaps I should not have, it may not have been necessary. There is one thing we didn't' check - the front-end 🙂

hidden link
hidden link

Just compare the links in footer and I also tried this on my clean installation - it would seem that I missed the fact that Icon List will not display any URLs that exist on this site, because it will translate them automatically. If we look at the footer on translated language - all of them are translated automatically. I must admit that I forgot about this fact - it is stated here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#Translating-Elementor-pages-with-WPML, for which I apologize!

WPML presents new features that further simplify the process of translating pages created using Elementor:

Preserving the existing translations when editing the default language page
Automatic Translation for internal links
Copy-once mode for custom fields

As for usp issue:
hidden link
hidden link

I fail to see the difference between these two elements, apart from the color. can you show me a screenshot on what exactly is missing?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 6, 2020 at 9:02 am #5437279

thomasA-48

Okay that's a really good, and good feature 🙂 Good it wasn't a bug in the system.

The USP, that's correct the two links you showed do look similar. But the top on the page, the green border, contains the USP which you will clearly see that on:

hidden link

The text is black and the border have one height, but if you look on the top of this page:

hidden link

The text is now white, and the border is clearly taller, which is because the margin-bottom 0px i have put into elemtor is not getting into the code.

February 6, 2020 at 11:41 am #5438629

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I see - none of it goes through, even though it accepts CSS IDs, so as a workaround I added it through Customizer, based on the element ID.

Would that work for you?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 10, 2020 at 12:43 pm #5461881

thomasA-48

I'm not 100% what you mean here, what is "Customizer"

February 10, 2020 at 12:45 pm #5461887

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am referring to this:
hidden link

And I see some CSS already being added there.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 14, 2020 at 1:31 pm #5494371

thomasA-48

Honestly that is a bit off a hazzle, as i have seen this on other site then just this one, and then it was hole pages there where missing there CSS, and i would not be sitting and recreating every css that elementer is making.

There must be a bug in wpml that can be fixed.

February 17, 2020 at 6:29 am #5504577

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I agree - can you perhaps upload Akeeba backup again, so that I can escalate the case to our 2nd tier for further investigations?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Elementor problems’ is closed to new replies.