If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 6:33 pm #4633599

pawelG-18

I am trying to:
translate elementor page sections with background images, need different filename for each language.

I expected to see:
Images picked up from translated media module or sth else :))

Instead, I got:

image filename from basic language.

September 25, 2019 at 10:17 am #4637857

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Could you tell me to which widgets are you referring to?

I'm asking you this because i see you have another plugin that seems to add something related to what you're asking (i.e: Style Kits for Elementor)

Then, if images is what you want to translate, Try to use WPML Media translation and translate them there. then, make a small modification to the page in question (like an extra character to the title) and translate/update the translation again.

To know how to work with Media Translation, you can check this documentation here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Let me know how it goes to understand better how to proceed.

September 25, 2019 at 10:53 am #4637997

pawelG-18

I'm referring to:
hidden link

Layout sections can have background images.

For the background, I'm using image translated with the media translation module, where I'm setting different file for each lang.

Unfortunately, the image remains identical(from base lang) on all pages, no matter what lang am viewing.

But each lang should have different file/filename.

Similar issue: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-impossile-to-translate-the-section-background-image/

September 25, 2019 at 1:48 pm #4639381

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Our developers are aware of this issue and it seems the permanent fix will be released with WPML 4.4 so in the meantime please try this:

1- Go to the media library in the other language.
2- Get the URL of the translated image.
3- Go to wp-content\uploads\elementor\css and open the CSS file for the translated post.
4- Change the URL of the background-image

That's the only workaround we have so far.

I'll change the status of this ticket so i can let you know once the change has been published

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Elementor section background image’ is closed to new replies.