This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidV-71 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 2:28 pm

davidV-71

I am trying to: work from the dutch base language and make translated pages in English and German with Elementor functionality.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:landingvideos.co/home

I expected to see: working pages after translation.

Instead, I got:Either a redirection to the .be or a 404.

What has happened chronologically:
1. Site designed on a test environment with base language English.
2. Move site over to live and switched to Dutch as base language.
3. Added more content and visual changes to the Dutch version
4. Rather than editing the existing english and german pages we deleted them and recreated them from the dutch page
5. Newly created english and german pages don't show and arent available for edits with elementor

September 17, 2019 at 2:32 pm
September 17, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4589249

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I found that most translation are still in progress, when this is the case it's expected them returning 404.

For completed pages, the English home page hidden link has a 301 redirect to hidden link. Same for the German home page.
WPML doesn't create redirects so you might want to check this in your .htaccess or in the Redirection plugin settings.

About the blog page, it has a 404 error indeed. Did you try to resave permalinks?
Also try to disable the plugin for Redis cache and see if the errors disappear. We have some issues with Redis so it might be that. If is it, we can find a way to fix it but we should be sure first.

September 20, 2019 at 3:00 pm #4613161

davidV-71

I succeeded by working only with the translation manager. I used to click the translate button from the post itself.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!