This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 27, 2018 at 1:35 pm

Amelie

I am trying to translate tabs content from a theme using elementor but i am having a hard time and could not see it in Widgets , templates or any where

August 28, 2018 at 1:24 am #2680156

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Can you please be specific on which "tab content" you mean in the image you uploaded?

If you could annotate the screenshot and tell me precise steps on how to see the image on your frontend - this would be very helpful.

Thanks

August 28, 2018 at 4:44 pm #2683576

Amelie

Hi Yvette,

Thank's for helping me.

I translated all the product categories to french for the french home page with elementor (see the rectangle). But the next day all went back to english as you can see.

The way I did it it's to change the english name for the french one in the red circle.
I cannot find anywhere else to add translation with WPML and elementor.

It's the same issue for all the elementor objects in the home page.

I hope it will be easier for you to understand.

Thank you

Amelie

August 29, 2018 at 11:10 am #2686049

Amelie

Please reply soon its urgent

August 29, 2018 at 6:37 pm #2687647

Amelie

Hi,

I still need help on this. Could you please help me ?

Thank you

August 29, 2018 at 10:06 pm #2687963

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´m sorry for the delay to respond.

1. Hover Tabs
I took a look at the page and translated the first three tabs successfully.
You should not only translate the tab title but also update the shortcode to use the correct Elementor template id (see image).

Is this the result you were expecting?

2. Other Elementor Objects
You wrote: "..I cannot find anywhere else to add translation with WPML and elementor. It's the same issue for all the elementor objects in the home page."

What other elementor objects do you mean?

Normally, the standard Elementor widgets should appear in the Translation Editor. If they are not appearing, it can be that the widgets are "custom" and created by your theme author. In this case, it may be that more code is required to integrate it fully into WPML.

Here is more information about this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

August 30, 2018 at 7:52 am #2688812

Amelie

I had also translated these and i had also updated the short code as well , but the problem is that after 10-15 minutes we get back to our website lets say french version all translations are gone you can see this here hidden link i haven't made any changes after you worked and you can see translation is gone ..

Same thing happens when we changed the titles of product slider on homepage under the shop menu please have a look on those as well

August 30, 2018 at 9:13 am #2689258

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

This is what I see this morning (see image)

The translations are still there. Can you upload a screenshot of what you see?
Note that I am working on your dev site:
hidden link

August 30, 2018 at 11:07 am #2689684

Amelie

Yes i see it now , translations are there , now try to edit English language page or this page again and save it after some time translations will disappear

August 30, 2018 at 2:06 pm #2690536

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

OK. I modified the text "Barcode Scanners" to "Barcode Scanner" , then saved and updated the transaltion using the Tranlsation Editor. Indeed, the changes made to the FR page then were overwritten with the EN content again.

I notice that this widget does not appear in the Translation Editor which suggests to me that this particular widget is a custom widget that is not yet supported by WPML.

With widgets that are appearing in the Translation Editor, you have the opportunity to "translate" the values. The widgets that do *not* appear seem to be copied over from the English version "as is" and therefore overwrites the FR version that you might make using the normal Editor.

I did another test by then re-translating the first element "Printers" to "Imprimantes" in th eFR page. I then made a change in the EN version of the page. Of course, an "update required" icon appeared in the side bar indicating that the FR version needed to be updated.

Instead of using the Translation Editor, I went directly to the page using the standard WordPress editor and updated the page making no changes. If you enter the EN page, the update required icon has now changed to a "pencil" icon indicating all is synched.

Yet, this time the changes are remaining in the FR version. Imprimantes is still there.

In conclusion, it appears that for pages that use this widget, you cannot use the Translation Editor but should use the normal wordpress editor. To get support for this widget, we should open a compatibility ticket with the author of the theme you are using to do the extra coding work to fully integrate this custom widget with WPML. This is described here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

I wait for your feedback on my observations and conclusions.
Thanks

August 30, 2018 at 3:11 pm #2690853

Amelie

Thanks for the brief reply

But i am still confused on some parts you mentioned . Can you please show me through screenshots or a short video how did you managed to do that . it would be a big help that how u used the wordpress editor and etc

August 31, 2018 at 7:39 am #2692845

Yvette
Supporter

Here are steps assuming that you have a translated FR homepage and you wish to update the English version without overriding the existing FR translations.

1. Goto: WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages
2. Set the option: "Create translations manually" (see image)
3. Save
4. Edit the English homepage - make your changes
5. Save/Update the page
You will see in the Languages section of the editor that a circular arrow indicating an update is required appears by all of your translated pages.
6. Then edit the French version - make NO CHANGES.
7. Save/Update the page
8. You can then reactivate the Translation Editor for your other pages....but for the homepage, you should always just use the option "Create translations manually"

Do these steps clarify what I wrote earlier?

August 31, 2018 at 12:48 pm #2693751

Amelie

6. Then edit the French version - make NO CHANGES.

What does this means ?

August 31, 2018 at 1:12 pm #2693823

Yvette
Supporter

It means to just open the page with the WordPress editor and then immediately select the blue "Update" button.

You need to update the page so that the translation system believes that you have completed all required translation work.

August 31, 2018 at 3:17 pm #2694400

Amelie

Okay

I did like this for English version but how i will edit the french version then ?

The topic ‘[Closed] Elementor Tab content can not be translated’ is closed to new replies.