This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4051569

kennethT-7

I am trying to: Translate Elementor "Tab" content

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: It's at maintenance mode so cannot access thru link

I expected to see: Tab content appear as Page Builder Page content thru WPML and translate directly

Instead, I got: Tab contents show up as "Custom Fields" and all contents inside now are being show and translated as html language

June 19, 2019 at 8:39 pm #4054613

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I can see that you are using the Ocean Elementor Widgets plugin as an add-on for the Elementor. Is the "Tab' element coming from the Ocean Elementor Widgets plugin, or is it the Tab element that comes originally with Elementor?

If it is the first option that it is is an element from Ocean Elementor Widgets then please read our documentation here on how to add support for custom Elementors widgets.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 26, 2019 at 6:55 am #4089325

kennethT-7

Hello Itamar,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding to the tab, I was using the Original Elementor Tab.

I have tested with different scenarios and appear that the problem not only happen to tabs. I tested by simply creating a simple page with just one Elementor widget "Heading" and try translating it but no longer work. Please see attached images for full explanation.

May you or your colleagues please help me to solve this issue? As with this problem happening I won't able to translate any of my pages. Thanks.

June 27, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4101089

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

By looking at the Step_5.png screenshot that you share with me, I can see that you have not 100% completed the translation in the Translation Editor. Please see the attached screenshot Step_5-not-100-percent.png. If translations in the Translation Editor are not 100% completed then the translations will not show on the front-end.
Can you please try and check if this makes the 'Heading Text' show its translation on the front-end?

The custom fields that show for translation but do not need to show on the Translation Editor, probably showing because they were set to be translated. You can change it in the Multilingual Content Setup section of the editing page (down at the bottom). Or in WPML -> Settings -> Custom Fields Translation. You should change those fields to 'Don't translate' or 'Copy' according to your needs. Please read more about setting translation preference for custom fields in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Elementor "Tab" element not recognise and appear as "Custom Fields" by WPML’ is closed to new replies.