This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 6:35 pm

deanaZ

I am trying to:

hidden link
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
I have Elementor templates for single product, product category, store. If I assign template with display conditions - for 1 language - is ok, for another language is different, showing not exactly what I want. All templates are translated already. That's happend few days ago. Before was all ok.

I expected to see:
I want to see one design [match template] on bought languages.

Instead, I got:
One language got design of template, second not. Doesn't matter which one, always one language has a different look.

October 12, 2018 at 9:05 pm #2813063

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please tell me the name of the template that you have assigned to the product page and category page that is showing incorrectly.

Also, where do you edit the conditions for the template? I apologize but I'm not familiar with setting conditions to display templates.

Lastly, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except Elementor and WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentySeventeen. With these settings, are the layouts the same in both languages?

October 13, 2018 at 10:58 am #2814045

deanaZ

Hello Lauren,
I did all things, disabled plugins, changed themes, nothing change. Still I see different content-design in slovak language {main language} and english. Few days ago was normal to create template in Elementor Pro for single product {products Nature + and different template products HiQ}, products categories, ect. After template just translated to english and on english side is all already done. Normaly you see same content and design in bought language. Now I see english store and categories content native theme Astra design, what I don't want.

I prepared staging clone, so you can access here:

October 15, 2018 at 5:44 am #2816281

deanaZ

Hello, any progress, please?

October 15, 2018 at 12:52 pm #2817484

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for setting up the staging site. On your test site, I deactivated WPML and am seeing some errors in Elementor when I try to edit the product category Pay Less template. Please see attached screenshot.

I also tried to edit the English version of one of the product archives, and I'm getting a different error (screenshot attached).

Please get in touch with Elementor to resolve the error message, and then I will be glad to continue troubleshooting. Once the error is resolved, I would recommend deleting the current English translation of the template. Then, Duplicate the original template to English and click "Translate Independently".

Also, how are you setting the category page to this template? Is this something you are setting from the page edit screen? If so, go to WPML -> Settings and switch to manual translation. Then, when you edit the translation, you will see all of the page options in the default language.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 16, 2018 at 5:56 am #2819797

deanaZ

Hi Lauren,
You asked:
Also, how are you setting the category page to this template?
I created template for every product category with Elementor and after settings I added display conditions. Normaly that's work for bought language.
I'm in touch with Elementor support, please don't close this ticket. I'll inform you about progress later. Thank you.

October 16, 2018 at 1:30 pm #2821104

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for clarification. I'll keep this ticket open here, please let me know if you hear anything back from Elementor support.

October 22, 2018 at 10:41 am #2837680

deanaZ

Hi Lauren,
today I got answer from Elementor support. Issue will be resolved {I hope} of end of the month.
I copy full reply and also recommended code as short solution. You can close ticket now. Thank you.

The translation of the templates of the theme builder of Elementor and the WooCommerce Single Product Builder (header, footer, single post/product templates, etc...) works only when the "display conditions" setting is set to "entire site".
The theme builder compatibility was supposed to be fixed by:
https://wpml.org/he/2018/07/wpml-4-0-5-with-support-for-elementor-templates-and-global-widgets/
but this issue with the "display conditions" which does not work when the template is not applied to the entire site is still on. The translation works only if the footer is assigned to the entire website:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-new-footer-template-wpml/
To temporarily fix this compatibility issue, custom code is required so far but we cannot provide support for this kind of issues via this channel. You can try something like in the file attached.
The full compatibility is scheduled for the end of the month (it will be done after reviewing the issue with WPML and finding the best solution).

==========

diff --git a/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/classes/conditions-manager.php b/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/classes/conditions-manager.php
index f5c8183..4f3193b 100755
--- a/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/classes/conditions-manager.php
+++ b/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/classes/conditions-manager.php
@@ -264,6 +264,8 @@ class Conditions_Manager {
foreach ( $conditions_groups as $theme_template_id => $conditions ) {
$theme_template_id = apply_filters( 'elementor/theme/get_location_templates/template_id', $theme_template_id );

+ $conditions = get_post_meta( $theme_template_id, '_elementor_conditions', true );
+
foreach ( $conditions as $condition ) {
$parsed_condition = $this->parse_condition( $condition );

October 22, 2018 at 3:34 pm #2838697

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for the update! I have marked this ticket as resolved.