Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices.

Last updated by jurgenR 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 13, 2018 at 12:04 pm #2731384

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi there,

A fix for this issue was added to the latest release of WPML plugins.

Best regards,
Carlos

September 13, 2018 at 2:11 pm #2731899

rubenc-10

We updated all plugins and resaved templates conditions but still don't show applied on the selected pages... could this be related with the previous attempts to fix the issue?

Link: hidden link

when previewing the template it shows correctly but when visiting the page it won't: hidden link

September 13, 2018 at 8:34 pm #2732960

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for your message.

There is a possibility that the previous attempt to fix the issue prevents this fix for working correctly. Could you undo the previous changes?

Note: It would be great if you could test this issue in a fresh new install, this way we can avoid any other possible cause.

Best regards,
Carlos

September 17, 2018 at 12:13 pm #2740843

jurgenR

Hi,

Thanks for working on the issue. I've been waiting for the solution as well.

I've just tried if the matter was resolved after the recent update, but I cannot get it to work.

Is there some sort of instruction I need to follow other then just clicking on the cross and adding the translation?

At this moment the template only works through other languages if the condition is 'entire site'.

I have a header I want to display only at certain pages and a single post template I want to display at certain post categories.

These do not work in other languages if I translate the templates.

Best regards,

Eelco

September 17, 2018 at 1:01 pm #2741017

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

A fix for this issue should be included in Elementor Pro 2.2.0 and in the next release of our plugin.

Best regards,
Carlos

September 17, 2018 at 4:24 pm #2741844

rubenc-10

Tried on a new WordPress installation and display conditions of type: Child Of and In Category are not working even without installing WPML yet... so I'm opening a ticket with Elementor as well, maybe their last update also broke something...

September 17, 2018 at 7:58 pm #2742429

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I just got an update from our 2nd tier of support. Our developer are already working with the Elementor team to release a fix in one of our next releases.

When exactly our developers will release a Update including the required Fix is not up-to us Supporters to determine.

Each issue reported in is taken seriously into consideration.

It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors.
Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.

I apologize any inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards,
Carlos

September 22, 2018 at 6:30 pm #2757884

Yaniv

I have an issue that I think is related to this:
I'm using an Elementor template for single posts, with a display condition set to "only posts in category X"
After translating the single post template, I've set the display condition for the translated template to "only posts in category Y" (category Y is a translation of category X)

The translated template works, but the original template's display conditions doesn't work. When trying to fix by re-publishing the original template, it works and then the translated template's display condition doesn't work. It's as if only one version of the template can work. Both don't work simultaneously.

Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

September 25, 2018 at 11:21 am #2763487

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi, Yaniv.

What I can see in our internal documentation, and Carlos has also mentioned it here, is that the fix is already included with the latest WPML version (4.0.7) and the Elementor Pro 2.2.0. If you are using those latest versions and issue still occurs then please open a new ticket with the issue that you are having and we will check that.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

September 25, 2018 at 11:42 am #2763528

Yaniv

Hi Itamar,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using WPML 4.0.7, but for Elementor Pro I'm using 2.1.9. I don't see an option to update to 2.2.0 (from My Account page I also see 2.1.9)
Their changelog doesn't show 2.2.0: hidden link
Do you know when this is going to be released?

Thanks,
Yaniv

September 25, 2018 at 11:52 am #2763654

Itamar
Supporter

Actually, I do not know, Yaniv.
It would be best to find out about it with the Elementor's support team.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 25, 2018 at 1:44 pm #2764012

felixB-4

Hi,

it seems I have a similar problem related to this:

Built in standard language a template (Type= Single) with conditions:
1) All Pages > Page A
2) All Children of Page A

In the standard language everything works.

In the second language the error occurs:
- If I don't translate the template, template will not be show (even this works with the header)
- If I translate the template, template also will not be show
- If I go into the translated template and create the conditions like above with selecting the translated pages, the header and footer will not be shown anymore on the entire site

I thought it should work like with the header, although the template is not translated, its used on translated version of pages that falls under the condition.

Any idea?

September 25, 2018 at 2:55 pm #2764388

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

If you are having the same issue as in this ticket then WPML 4.0.7 9already released) and Elementor Pro 2.2.0 (not yet released) should fix this issue. If it is not the same issue, then please open a new ticket with your issue and this way we will be able to check things in a better way.

Thanks,
Itamar.

October 24, 2018 at 11:26 am #2845974

josefS-12

Hi.

I have the same issue as "rubenc-10":
Elementor template applied to pages and it's children works in primary language (czech).
But for english language there is just a (header with opacity: 0; and content).
— No evidence about "elementor" tags in template.
— I was also trying to translate template's system custom field "_elementor_conditions" to map translated page's ID. But withou success.

I know about this thing since June. And I was waiting for some fixes.

Are you still considering fixing this "bug"?

Thanks,
pepę

November 21, 2018 at 7:55 am #2925636

jurgenR

"Dear WPML support,

In previous messages in this thread, it was said that the issue would be fixed with elementor pro 2.2.0. This version of elementor pro was released on 19-11-2018. Could you test wether the issue is indeed fixed?

I've just updated to elementor pro 2.2.0 and tested it in two ways:
1. Adding a translation for the elementor template which has dispay conditions
this didn't work.
2. Go into the translated version of the template (so not the original), click on 'edit anyway' and then add setting to the display conditions. this doesn't work.

So it would seem to me that the issue has not yet been fixed. Looking forward to hearing your test results.

Best regards,"

Gr. Eelco