This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.16 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am having trouble with translating with Elementor templates. While on the pages I don't have any issue on the templates after the translation I lose the layout. Solution: Using the ID of the translated template inside the translated page is fixing this issue.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by panagiotisB-2 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 8:18 am #4105403

panagiotisB-2

Hello all.

I am having trouble with translating with Elementor templates.

While on the pages I don't have any issue on the templates after the translation I lose the layout.

The steps I follow are:
- Go to the templates
- Choose one and enter settings by tapping its name
- I press the + icon to go to the WPML editor and do the translations
- Press save and close

After all these I have the translation but not the layout of the template.

Edit: I have seen that the new translated template changes shortcode ID. That is why in preview mode the template is correct but on the pages does not load correctly. When I change the ID it is correct. Which means different languages use different shortcode IDs. Is this normal ?

June 28, 2019 at 9:15 am #4105875

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

When you translate the template, the ID is changing too because a new template is created. Can you tell me if everything is working fine now that you changed the ID, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 28, 2019 at 9:25 am #4106135

panagiotisB-2

Yes now is working.
But the problem now is that I should go over about 40 pages to change the ids.
Now very convenient.

Does this happen with global widget also ?

July 1, 2019 at 8:54 am #4116711

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I'm afraid that you need to edit the ID to all the pages. The good news is that once you do this, you won't need to change it again.

Regarding the widgets, are these made using Elementor too? If yes, have you tried to change the IDs here too and see if things are working fine this way? I wanted to check this on your website but I could see that only the Ελληνικα language is available for now.

Thanks,
Radu

July 1, 2019 at 9:03 am #4116813

panagiotisB-2

Good morning.
I have already gone through most of the pages and just changed the IDs.

In total it is a very painful process when it comes to big sites with lot of pages.

Which means that if I want to add another language in the future I should go all this over again and again.

You should try to find a workaround on this .

Thanks

ps. You couldn't see English cause I have it hidden to visitors since it is WIP. 🙂

Thanks

July 2, 2019 at 2:48 pm #4128149

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at the templates and see if there's anything that can be done in order to make this process easier, please?
Also, a link to a page where are you using one of the template would be great. I just want to have a look and see if I can find any trick to simplify this.

Thanks,
Radu

P.S. The next reply is private so you can safely send me the credentials.

July 3, 2019 at 6:42 am #4132379

panagiotisB-2

Dear Radu
The work is done and finished.
So there is no need to simplify things now. 🙂

BUT you could look into that .
In general there should be an easy way to translate the templates and automatically change in pages with new language.

Example
You have 40 pages and somewhere you have 2-3 elementor templates loaded.
For now a user must translate the templates and then go over 40 pages to change the IDs of the templates loaded. Of course loaded with shortcode.
In general it is a time consuming process especially if you have to add 2-3 languages.

🙂

July 4, 2019 at 9:07 am #4141711

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I can have a look at the templates if you could give me access to the dashboard area. This way I can check how the translations are done and see if there's anything that can be done in order to make the process easier next time.
The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

July 8, 2019 at 6:37 am #4159321

panagiotisB-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!