This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 7:12 pm

rickardR-2

This issue is very Important to me! If this not can be solved, WPML very useless for all Elementor page builder users. Why should use WPML if it can not translate the site without such issues. See my other tickets.

I am trying to:
Translate pages that use Elementor Templates with Display Conditions, specifically the condition is: Child of (Page).

I expected to see:
In spanish version the page should load the translated template for all the child pages of the translated page selected in the english template...

Instead, I got:
In english the template is correctly assigned but in Norwegian translation only shows the content of the page without the template content.

They hade the same issue: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-templates-display-conditions-not-working/

Non templates from elementor sticks after translation, their Instances disappear. Among this templates is my header, who is vital for my Norwegian page, who is gone.

July 8, 2019 at 7:47 am #4159613

rickardR-2

I contacted the Elementor team and they said this:

"Thanks for contacting us.

There are conflicts of Global widgets and display condition at the moment with WPML.

The translation of the templates of the theme builder of Elementor (header, footer, single post templates, etc...) works only when the "display conditions" setting is set to "entire site".
The theme builder compatibility was supposed to be fixed by:
https://wpml.org/he/2018/07/wpml-4-0-5-with-support-for-elementor-templates-and-global-widgets/
but this issue with the "display conditions" which does not work when the template is not applied to the entire site is still on.

The translation works only if the header/footer is assigned to the entire website:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-new-footer-template-wpml/

We did some adjustments a few months ago to enable WPML to make the necessary compatibilities. Right now it's in their own territory.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.
Let me know whether this helped you."

I hope it will be helpful to finally get the website online, after a lot of work and technical issues.

July 8, 2019 at 7:51 am #4159633

rickardR-2

My developer friend said this: You can't make the Norwegian site exactly as the English site as the Norwegian characters are different than the English ones. You'll have to make everything adjusted as the pages or posts CSS won't match exactly either. I see many of the CSS's are page dependent and they won't be applied to Norwegian pages as they have different ids.

July 8, 2019 at 3:35 pm #4164087

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I can confirm the response from the Elementor team and here is what I woudl suggest to get the ball rolling on this side.

Here is a new sandbox site:
hidden link

Please upload Elementor and create the test case that illustrates the issue. Please make the case as simple as possible with the page content as minimal as possible to show the problem.

I can then escalate this back to the development team along with the feedback from theElementor team.

Thanks for your help in this.

July 10, 2019 at 12:06 pm #4179947

rickardR-2

Thank you,
I added Elementor to the site.

But I need Elementor pro and my license doesn't cover to add it here. Cant your development team creates the test page and solve it together with Elementor development team?

Many users want to build their site with Elementor and WPML, so this is an issue of common interest. I just want it to work as a paid user. Maybe Elementor users should use another translation plugin than WPML? It just build a header with Elementor and translates it or another type of template. I won't use my time on simulating it since it is an issue between WPML and Elementor.

July 10, 2019 at 2:07 pm #4181187

Yvette
Supporter

Well - I don´t know what to say. I will attempt to escalate this to our development team but we have a protocol that needs to be followed.

The chances are high that it will be kicked back to me requiring a sandbox site with a working example of the issue. And the circle goes round and round.

I understand your position. I hope you appreciate my own as well.

Let´s see how far this will go. If the Elementor Team is already in contact with WPML development, then it may also be that this is already in the works. I can just report what I can see and attempt to keep the ball rolling.

Unfortunately, that is the issue with compatibilty - when an interface is involved, many times teams keep pointing fingers and waiting for the other to respond.

Thanks for your help anyway. I will escalate this ticket as is - but, again, without the proper protocol on my end, I don´t know how far it will go.

Any other comments before I close this ticket off?

July 12, 2019 at 8:53 am #4196683

rickardR-2

Our web developers are looking into the issue now.
They will contact you and WPML Support if they don't manage to fix it.

Thanks,
Rickard

July 12, 2019 at 9:24 am #4197085

Yvette
Supporter

OK. Please open a new ticket in that case with a duplicator of your site and the steps to replicate the issue.

In this way we can escalate directly according to the directives of the developers you have wroking on it.