This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 29, 2020 at 1:24 am #6244483

jonathanG-37

Tell us what you are trying to do? I created a template in Elementor that I use in certain types of products on my website. In that template, I am using the "excerpt" or small description to embed an html code (I think it's html). Anyway, it works perfectly with the default language, but the translation has just that bit that is not working. All the rest of the template is good. It's weird. As you can see in the pictures, the french one is fetching the information from Woocommerce, whereas the English one is fecthing the information though the embeded HTML code.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Nope

Is there a similar example that we can see? Not really, it's very specific and I think I'm the only one in the world using it like I do.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

May 30, 2020 at 10:17 am #6255439

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

While you are waiting for one of my colleagues to take this ticket and work on it, let me provide you with first debugging steps or if I can perhaps help with the issue quickly.

The WP Memory Limit needs to be increased. PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Can you please share with us the code you're embedding?
From where it does come from?

May 30, 2020 at 12:36 pm #6255933

jonathanG-37

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your reply. I have updated my memory limit to 256M.

The code I'm embedding is from Bokun (hidden link) and the code is different for every product. I don't know if I'm supposed to share that code with anyone, so I prefer not to. But I don't think the exact code is the issue.

The issue is that the WPML translation is replacing the "short description" by the "add to cart" information from the product. My template was build placing the "short description" in the top right corner of every product, but instead the "add to cart" info is visible.

I don't understand why it is doing that as the rest of the template is just as I build it.

Also, after changing the memory limit, it seems that the link to my products from my homepage are not even working anymore.

I find it a lot of trouble to be able to use your plugin. I'm willing to look further with you to try to solve all these issues, but it's not happening super fast. If there is too much that needs to be done to make it work, then I'm afraid I will have to ask for a refund.

All the best,

Jonathan

June 1, 2020 at 4:06 am #6262699

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I'd help you further with the issue.

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Can you provide the links where the code is added and where it is displayed too.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 2, 2020 at 5:53 pm #6276713

jonathanG-37

Hi,
This is all too complicated and it shouldn't be like that. I have now asked for a refund. I also deleted your plugin, but it seems now that I'm stuck with you. When downloading and activating the WPML media plugin, it created duplicates of all pictures (not so awesome). When deleting the plugin, the duplicates are still there and all pictures on my websites are broken. I've spend an enormous amount of time to find, choose and optimise those pictures, only to have to start it all over thanks to your plugin. I have to say that I am not happy at all with this. Do you have a solution for this problem?

June 3, 2020 at 7:02 am #6280021

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

When downloading and activating the WPML media plugin, it created duplicates of all pictures (not so awesome). When deleting the plugin, the duplicates are still there and all pictures on my websites are broken.

You can follow the below steps to clear the images:
- Activate WPML
- Go to Dashboard->Media->Library
- Change the language from the top bar
- Delete the images in the selected language.
- Deactivate WPML.

Thanks