This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have hidden the page title in the original language, but on my translated page the title still shows.

Solution: When editing the translated page using the Elementor editor, you can see the option to hide the page title. So please go to WPML -> Settings and switch to manual translation and use the Elementor editor.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexJ-9 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 4:16 pm

alexJ-9

I am trying to: Translate a page where the page title is hidden in the elementor options.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
ORIGINAL: hidden link
TRANSLATION: hidden link

I expected to see: I expect to NOT see the Pages Title in the Translation.

Instead, I got: The Title with a huge padding around it.

October 3, 2018 at 7:30 pm #2785557

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

When I view the translated test homepage, I am not seeing the page title. Please see my attached screenshot. I'm unable to view the default test page because I get a message saying it is in the trash.

Also, if I log in to your site and edit the translated page using Elementor, I can see that the page title has been set to be hidden. If I disable this, the title shows up. So, if you weren't editing the page with Elementor builder, please try that option.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 3, 2018 at 9:01 pm #2785750

alexJ-9

Hi Lauren,

I've found the solution a few hours ago, but forgot to update the ticket. Sorry!