This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 15, 2019 at 4:42 pm

andreaS-58

Dear assistance, we have a problem with a page on the site where we use an original elementor component to show a series of woocommerce products filtered by category.
In the pages in Italian (main language) the component works correctly and the only products displayed are those of the category corresponding to the value set in the filter.
The translation of the categories and the translation of the products works correctly so that if you browse the site these are correctly detected by WPML which allows you to navigate between one language and another.
We verified that this problem occurs even when we create a new page directly, for example, in English only and try to use the specific elementor module that is dedicated to the display of woocomerce products.
But when we apply to the query any product category the result is always the same, all the e-commerce products are displayed without any distinction.
For now we have solved by manually setting in the English language only the products to be displayed by bypassing the query filter by category.
How can we solve this problem by having the query filter by category also work in the English language, as is already the case for the Italian language (main site language)?

We await your kind reply.
Best regards.
Andrea Sozzi
Digital Ideators Innovations SRL

September 16, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4583051

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Here is a list of the currently supported ELEMENTOR widgets:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#List-of-the-translatable-Elementor-Elements

We also have a growing list of 3rd party Elementor widgets that are considered WPML ready:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#wpml-ready-elementor-add-ons

If your widget does not appear on any of these lists, we provide some guidance on how to make the custom widget WPML ready here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

Note that it does require some programming knowedge.
Does this help you?

September 16, 2019 at 7:58 pm #4583733

andreaS-58

Dear Yvette, the component we are using is internal to elementor. This is the component that allows you to view WooCommerce products and is therefore a standard component already present from the first versions of elementor.
To be clear is that component that in any page that is not a normal product archive creates a box in which you can view a list or a grid of the products in the catalog.
I therefore confirm that it is not a third-party component and both the Elementor license and the WPML license are unlimited professional versions.
Consequently please let me know how we can organize ourselves to analyze this case since I don't think it is possible that Elementor is not able to correctly load and select articles that are part of a correctly translated category with WPML.
I await your response.
Thanks and good job.
See you soon.

September 17, 2019 at 12:03 am #4584549

Yvette
Supporter

You wrote: "... the specific elementor module that is dedicated to the display of woocomerce products...."

What is the exact name of the widget you are using? and do you find this element in the lists I provided earlier?

I suspect that your widget is not supported by WPML. Nevertheless, if you feel that this is not the case, please recreate a simple example in the following sandbox site where WPML and Woocommerce has been loaded. This means to upload Elementor plugin and create a page using the woocommerce widget you have described.

One click login:
hidden link

I can then check with our compatibility team as to the ability to support the wdiget or not and if there is anything we can do to help you.

Kind regards

September 19, 2019 at 5:26 am #4601371

andreaS-58

Dear Yvette, this morning I am repeating the problem on the demo portal, however if I give you an indication of the correct pages (since I have also provided you with administrator accesses) you have no way of verifying even on my client's site?

September 19, 2019 at 6:33 am #4601669

andreaS-58

Dear Yvette, as expected the component works properly.
I created two product categories, I translated them and I created an Italian page in which I asked the elementor component to show only the products of one of the two categories. I then translated the page with the internal wpml system that made me translate only the textual components as usual. Upon opening the page translated into English, the elementor component, by detecting the correctly translated product category of woocommerce and the related correctly translated products, will load me with the list of only English-language products of the category selected in the product archive component on the page in Italian. As usually happens for this type of component. Having ascertained that the component, elementor's woocomerce product archive, is compatible, I request support again to understand why this is not the case on my client's site.

September 19, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4604849

Yvette
Supporter

Hello again.

I see that you removed the standard configuration and uploaded the theme instead of just the elementor plugin.

Does this mean that the elmentor widget is delievered only with the theme?

What is the name of the page you created ?
What is the name of the elementor widget you are using?

Thanks

September 23, 2019 at 5:39 am #4620371

andreaS-58

The page in test ambient is:
hidden link

The page in my customer site is:
hidden link

the component that we used is the elementor widget that show woocommerce product in a page called simply "Products" (see image attach).

I have recreated as much as possible the same work environment that I have on my client's site.

The elementor component we use is native to basic elementor.

And in the demo site it works as anticipated in the first message.

I am therefore kindly requesting support to understand why on my client's site this component does not work please.

We've done everything we've been asked to do by recreating the problem in the test environment. Do you have any way of verifying or tracing back because on my client's site the component in the secondary language (English) does not correctly filter the products with the category set in the primary language (Italian) and instead shows all the e-commerce products?

September 23, 2019 at 5:40 am #4620375

andreaS-58

Image details about elementor widget

September 23, 2019 at 3:28 pm #4625393

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

The whole point of the sandbox site was to have a neutral/standard setup that was *not* like your client site to isolate/confirm what was standard WPML behaviour and then compare it to your client´s installation.

This is standard debugging procedure.

I´ll be working now to revert the site to some kind of standard setup and get back to you about what I find.

In the future, please only do what was asked of you by WPML support. If we need a copy of your client´s site, we will ask for it specifically.

Thanks

September 23, 2019 at 8:14 pm #4626487

Yvette
Supporter

Hello again.

I understand that the sandbox site everything is working as expected. Correct?

On your client´s site, do you have the product post type and product categories set to be "Translatable" or "Translatable - appear as translated"?

Can you provide access to your client´s site?
I am opening the private area for this information in case you can.

September 25, 2019 at 3:58 am
September 30, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4665351

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hi Andrea,

My name is Marcel and I'm taking over this ticket because Yvette is not available today. I hope this is OK, otherwise please let me know 🙂

I checked the settings from your site and compared it with the Sandbox, the settings for Post & Pages are identical. I will check if I can find something else related to the Settings and update you ASAP.

Best Marcel

October 2, 2019 at 2:44 pm #4681583

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your patience. I found the following:

On your site you are using the following Elementor versions:
Elementor: 2.3.8
Elementor Pro: 2.3.1

On our Sandbox:
Elementor: 2.7.2
Elementor Pro: 2.6.5

Could you please try to update your live site to the newest Elementor version and try it again? I realized it, as when I compared the settings for the element "Prodotti", the displayed options changed. I attached you a screenshot.

Please let me know
Best Marcel

October 3, 2019 at 11:16 pm #4691723

andreaS-58

Good evening Marcel and thanks for the support.
I have advised you to update the version of Elementor, but the same solution is always present.
In Italian the component correctly filters the products for the selected category, in our case Break In Moto - ITA.

While in the English version of the page both in its automatically generated version (via WPML's rapid translator) and in the manually modified version (entering the Elementor editor in English and selecting in the component [as you reported in the screenshots] the name of the category in English "Break In Moto - ENG") products in English are not displayed.

The only way we have to correctly display the products of the Break In Moto category in the English language is as you can see through the manual selection (indicating the products to be shown one by one).

Can you use additional elements to debug?