This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by antoniG-2 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 4:18 pm

antoniG-2

WPML is making my image disappear, it's not WordPress or SQL database since this is a fresh install, straight from my localhost that was working perfectly until I put it on my host strangely

if you go to Anzrkstream.com, you can recreate the problem, first when you enter the page and see your default language is in English, notice the menu image (usually) loads but the T-shirt in the midsection doesn't, if you select Portuguese the menu image disappears, if you try to switch back to English, it's now longer there also. as well as my blog page missing the background overplay image it seems to be random images not appearing very strange.

only plugins installed is elementor pro and wpml and yoast with all in one migration.

I see console errors for the missing images

placeholder.png:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 502 (Bad Gateway)
background_.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 502 (Bad Gateway)
Free-Hanging-T-Shirt-Mockup2.png:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 502 (Bad Gateway)
Free-Hanging-T-Shirt-Mockup.png:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 502 (Bad Gateway)

July 25, 2019 at 6:18 pm #4285509

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a look at your website and could notice the issue with the header background image, the blog page background image is working properly in both languages, I recommend you to try it in another browser in order to confirm it.

As regarding the header background image, I recommend you to reupload it using the elementor page builder as currently I see a mixed content warning from your browser console indicating the current image url is being served over http while all your website content is served over https. In these cases, simply deleting the current image file and reuploading it could fix it in most cases. Please, let me know the results, have a nice day.

July 26, 2019 at 10:39 am #4289173

antoniG-2

Hi, thanks for the pointer, realized that using WPML duplicates pages and didn't see where to access the duplicated page in my WordPress before embarrassingly found that option and was corrected easily after that, thank you for your help.