This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 12, 2019 at 1:16 pm

robertS-102

I am trying to:
I am trying to set WPML translations clear for my client.

I expected to see:
I expected to see only content fields.
Instead, I got:
Instead, I got few ElementorConfig custom fields which should be untranslateable.

July 12, 2019 at 2:16 pm
July 17, 2019 at 7:28 am #4226669

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the ticket is escalated, I'll let you have news as soon as possible.

July 20, 2019 at 10:19 am #4249567

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

we found an empty value in the custom field configuration of WPML setting array, and this caused the fields appearing in the translation editor. It's not related to Elementor, it happens on any page. We have no idea why this could have happened, as it's not reproducible on a fresh install.

Please try as it follows:
- Create a complete site files and DB backup
- Add this code to theme functinos.php

$wpml_settings = get_option('icl_sitepress_settings');
unset($wpml_settings['translation-management']['custom_fields_translation']['']);
update_option('icl_sitepress_settings', $wpml_settings);

- Visit the site
- Remove the code from theme
- Go the page and update
- Check in the Translation Editor if it still happens.