We have released WPML Beta 4.3.4. Before reporting issues please make sure to give it a try - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3.0 release

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Elementor's default text block doesn't appear in WPML's translation editor

Solution: WPML does not show the Elementor text element when it has placeholder text. After editing the text, it did show up in de WPML translator. This was confusing as other elements do get displayed, even with placeholder text.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by anneD-11 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 25, 2018 at 12:11 pm #2849670

anneD-11

I am trying to: translate a page designed with Elementor in WPM's translation editor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: In WPML's translation editor for Elementor all translatable field should be displayed. For this page I expected header/"kop", text/"tekst" and button/"knop". These three elements are on the page (see screenshot).

Instead, I got: In the WPML's translation editor for Elementor only header/"kop" and button/"knop" are show. I cannot translate the default text element.

October 26, 2018 at 7:04 pm #2854069

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. If you disable the other Elementor addons (Elementor Pro and Essential Addons for Elementor) does it help?
Also check with a different theme.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
Ricardo

October 29, 2018 at 7:34 am #2857011

anneD-11

Hi Ricardo,

I have disabled 'Essentials Addons for Elementor' and 'Elementor Pro' without effect. I have also updated Elementor Pro to the newest version from this weekend and I have switched to the default Twenty Seventeen theme. Also without effect.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Anne

October 29, 2018 at 11:11 am #2857609

anneD-11

Hello, a quick update. I have created a blank, new website locally, with a fresh WordPress install with only Elementor Pro, WPML, and the default theme. If I create the same page again (header, text and button), again only the header and the button text show up in the WPML Elementor Translator.

October 29, 2018 at 3:03 pm #2858510

anneD-11

I have found the issue.

The first page I tested with Elementor and WPML contained a linked text field (which I overlooked). However when creating a new page to test what went wrong I ran into a minor bug with WPML (or Elementor) that made me belief it was the same issue.

I created a header, text and button element. I did not change the default placeholder text. It now appears WPML does not show the Elementor text element when it has placeholder text. After editing the text, it did show up in de WPML translator. This was confusing as other elements do get displayed, even with placeholder text.

So, I hope this may be of use to someone else.

Thanks,
Anne