This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
January 7, 2019 at 3:47 pm

geert-janD-2

I am trying to: translate all the elements of the homepage

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: all the elements of the page ready to translate

Instead, I got: see image

January 7, 2019 at 3:57 pm #3063471

geert-janD-2

I want also to translate like this screenshot made bij Bigul on my other post (see attached file)

January 7, 2019 at 7:13 pm #3064145

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

This may be happening because of the sync issue. Please try the following steps after a backup and check you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Complete the translation of Homepage to English
2) Update the Homepage in the original language, just a minor edit in the content to refresh the translation settings
3) Open the English translation in WPML Translation Editor for updating

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 8, 2019 at 10:38 am #3066237

geert-janD-2

Hello Bigul,

Thank you. I have checked it but on the homepage the portfolio items could not run with a custom new image. (see english homepag now: hidden link)
On the hidden link page i cannot translate the edgtf-title-with-number elements.

Please help me out. You are doing great work here!

January 8, 2019 at 5:22 pm #3068242

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have added language configuration for edgtf-title-with-number element. Please make a minor edit for the History page and check you are getting the expected result for translation in WPML Translation Editor.

Please translate a few more portfolio posts and check you are getting the expected result on English homepage or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 9, 2019 at 1:49 pm #3071972
geert-janD-2

Hello Nigul,

Thank you, we are getting there! I have still 2 other problems;

On the hidden link page the three dots are not translatable.
How to translate the footer areas?

Thank you in advance!

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-how-to-translate-the-footer-areas/

January 9, 2019 at 5:47 pm #3073117

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I have added language configuration for edgtf_icon_with_text element. Please make a minor edit for the *Documenten* page and make sure you are getting the expected result for the translation in WPML Translation Editor.

Please note I have opened a new ticket for the following issue. Because it is a different problem.

How to translate the footer areas

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 10, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3076733
geert-janD-2

Thank you very much, we are getting closer and closer. Still need some assistance;

On the contact page we are able to translate all languages, except french language.
We also want to know how to translate the contactform on this page.

Thank you very much!

Geert Jan

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-contact-form-7-translation/

January 10, 2019 at 6:47 pm #3077773

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Geert,

Thank you for the updates. I have opened a new ticket for the Contact Form issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for the understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 13, 2019 at 2:48 pm #3084728

geert-janD-2

Hello Bigul,
Thank you! This also worked out fine for me :-). I have one and hopefully last question;
How to translate the homepage header, in the visual composer it's the component called 'edge custom font".

Please help! Thank you!

January 14, 2019 at 3:29 pm #3088442

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have added language configuration for the *edgtf_custom_font* element. Please do a minor edit for the *Homepage* page and check you are getting the expected result for the translation in WPML Translation Editor. Check the attached image for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 15, 2019 at 3:49 pm #3093787
geert-janD-2

Thank you Bigul, that worked out just fine!

This will be the last question: under portfolio->portfolio i select "Toeleverancier" but all i can translate is the screenshot. Could you fix it how to also copy the images and add the translation text to the portfolio items?

Thank you very much!

Geert Jan

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-portfolio-post-translation-issues/

January 16, 2019 at 5:34 am #3096033

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Geert,

Thank you for the feedback. I have opened a new ticket for the portfolio post translation issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for the understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul