This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanC-12 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 12, 2019 at 1:12 pm

stefanC-12

I am trying to:
Translate the manual order confirmation provided by the plugin German Market and the PDF files created by German Market

I expected to see:
Translated Email and PDF

Instead, I got:
Email and PDF in main language with some strings from third language in between.

Hi, I am using the German Market Plugin with Woocommerce.
The plugin has the option to manually confirm orders before payment is due.
Most emails from Woocommerce are translated, except the message, that the order has been confirmed (the one containing the payment details)

There are some strange things happening with emails and pdfs.
In the invoice pdf there are certain strings that are always in slovak language when they should be in another language.

For example:
The string "backordered" is always shown in slovak language.
The english term is translated in string translations (see image 1)
When a pdf is created theres another string created in string translations (see image 2)
When I delete this string and create another pdf - the string is created again …

There seems to be something wrong in my settings but I cant find it. The above described behaviour happens for other strings as well.

Can someone take a look at my settings?
I am slowly going mad because I can't find these errors and these are the last changes I need before going online.

Thanks!

April 12, 2019 at 1:16 pm #3599351

stefanC-12

Sorry, I forgot the screenshots …

April 12, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3599489

stefanC-12

2 more screenshots that might explain the problem a bit better.
The default language is english – so I translated "backordered" to all other languages.
When I create a pdf another string gets registered – "Objednané" (slovak for backordered)

Now I have the same string in two languages registered and in the pdf it seems to work.
The problem is, that it does this with multiple strings so I would need to translate the same string in all other languages multiple times which I'm sure is not the way it should work.

April 13, 2019 at 7:43 pm #3605477

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I am not sure why the strings appear various times on String Translation but please try the following.

On your first screenshot I can se a Slovak strings which has the English language flag.

You can change the language for single strings on String Translation. I have attached a screenshot for better explanation. Make sure that the strings are assigned to the correct language and the translations should fit.

If not, please try the following, as it might be that another plugin causes issues here.

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.
More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

April 14, 2019 at 8:45 am #3607253

stefanC-12

Hi Andreas,

thanks for looking at this issue.
I‘ve already tried the basic debug steps (disabling plugins/changing themes) and the problem persists.
(I left only german market and wpml activated since it is the plugin that creates these strings)

Your first solution seems to work, but I don‘t think it is the right solution.

When I change the language of the string it translates in the pdf, but now I have the same string 3 times registered:

English: backorder to german and slovak
Slovak: objednané to english and german
German: liefereückstand to english and slovak

I‘d have to basically translate the same string 3 times. Also backorder is not the only string that geta registered multiple times. This can‘t be the right way to do this.

Could you take a look at the page?
My guess is that there is something wrong in the settings. There is also still the other issue with _stock configuration not set properly (ticket here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/_stock-configuration-from-wpml-config-xml-file-was-altered/) maybe this is something similar?

Thanks!

April 15, 2019 at 11:01 pm #3616841

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

The access to your site is currently denied. Please verify the permission for my IP or alternatively please provide a download link for Duplicator package of your site including the database. Your next reply is set to private by default.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 17, 2019 at 6:49 pm #3634349

stefanC-12

Hi Andreas,

sorry for my late reply, but I have found a solution on my own.
A few entries in the db for translations where completely wrong - had to fix them by hand.

Still don't know what caused this, but now it seems to work.