This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

How can I translate parts of the booking confirmation emails that WooCommerce is sending after an order is finished?

Solution:

This was a pretty unique situation where the client needed to translate a word that required WooCommerce template editing.

The process that solved the issue for the client is the one below:

In order to edit that word in the default language of the WooCommerce plugin, you will need to create a custom WooCommerce email template.

You will see that the current template that generates that word is coming from this directory file '/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/emails/email-order-details.php' and right on code line 36 is where that word is taken from (I will also attach a screenshot).

Here is also some helpful WooCommerce documentation that shows you how you can create a template in the folder of the theme that you are using: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/template-structure/

Practically you will need to simply copy that .php file (..../email-order-details.php) into '/wp-content/themes/your-theme-name/woocommerce/emails/email-order-details.php'.

However, normally, this process should be enough but it really depends on what exactly you need to translate in the WooCommerce confirmation template:

In order to translate template information that shows up in the WooCommerce order confirmation e-mail, you will need to:

1. Go to your WordPress dashboard 2. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > click on the top "Emails" tab 3. Select "Customer invoice / Order details" from that list 4. Here you should be able to update the content to your needs, for each of the languages

Relevant Documentation: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/configuring-woocommerce-settings/#section-18 https://www.cloudways.com/blog/how-to-customize-woocommerce-order-emails/

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 27, 2018 at 5:43 pm #2771414

kamranS

hi, i want to make some changes in booking emails that are sent by using woocommerce.
i have change some text from email but still i want to change one thing more and i have no idea ho to change it,i want to change the text 'order' written in email,please guide me how can i change it,you can see in screenshot text that i want to change.thanks

September 28, 2018 at 11:25 am #2773523

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

In order to translate template information that shows up in the WooCommerce order confirmation e-mail, you will need to:

1. Go to your WordPress dashboard
2. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > click on the top "Emails" tab
3. Select "Customer invoice / Order details" from that list
4. Here you should be able to update the content to your needs, for each of the languages

Here is also some helpful documentation that can help you on this matter:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/configuring-woocommerce-settings/#section-18
hidden link

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.

September 28, 2018 at 1:21 pm #2773940

kamranS

hi,right now i don't want to translate email template or any text,i want to just edit email text.the process that you told me i already use this process and change some email text but i have still not found how to change word 'order' from one place written in email that i show you in screen short.
i have change all other email text that i want but only this text 'order' remains.
text written above the word 'order' can be easily found and i have also change it. but now i want to write reservation instead of 'order' at this place. so only tell me how can i change this one specific text 'order' thanks,waiting for you quick reply.

September 28, 2018 at 1:29 pm #2774070

kamranS

email that is send for new order and processing order from that emails i want to change this text 'order'.. all other text of these email can be easily found and change,but i have not found this 'order' text from where it can be change,guide me about it.thanks

September 28, 2018 at 2:13 pm #2774163

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

In order to edit that word in the default language of the WooCommerce plugin, you will need to create a custom WooCommerce email template.

You will see that the current template that generates that word is coming from this directory file '/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/emails/email-order-details.php' and right on code line 36 is where that word is taken from (I will also attach a screenshot).

Here is also some helpful WooCommerce documentation that shows you how you can create a template in the folder of the theme that you are using:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/template-structure/

Practically you will need to simply copy that .php file (..../email-order-details.php) into '/wp-content/themes/your-theme-name/woocommerce/emails/email-order-details.php'.

Here on the WPML forums, we offer only WPML-related support requests but even if this request was not related to WPML, I hope that I was at least able to guide you into what you need to do.

Hope that helps!

September 28, 2018 at 8:21 pm #2774799

kamranS

yes that's done..perfect. thank you so much

October 1, 2018 at 3:35 pm #2778646

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

I'm very happy to hear!

Kind regards,
Mihai