This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nikiN 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 7:35 am

nikiN

I have a problem with this plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-subscribers/
It sends an email to all subscribers when I make a translation, I want only one email to be send (the first time I make a post) How can I do that?

October 3, 2018 at 9:58 pm #2785813

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

The WPML plugin does not have a feature that sends post notifications to users , rather this is a feature from the mentioned plugin "Email Subscribers & Newsletters" by Icegram.

icegram has already worked with us in the past making on of their other plugins compatible with WPML from what i can see (icegram plugin)

it looks like the post notifications plugin is counting each translation as a new post as well , if possible please contact the plugin authors first as they might already be aware of this and have a quick resolution as they do know their code best.

also if i am not mistaken you can set up the settings for your notifications to grab posts from specific categories..

you could create a category for translated posts and exclude the translation categories from the post notification plugin.

hidden link

October 5, 2018 at 7:01 am #2789679

nikiN

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! I'm in contact with the newsletter plugin developer now and hope for the best.