This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Email templates created by JobHunt email plugin appear to be in the default language even if they are in English.

Solution: If you open the template edit page, you'll see a box on the right with a dropdown saying "the language of this content is". You can change the language from Greek to English.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by floraP 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 5, 2018 at 1:02 pm #2790801

floraP

Hello,

I am trying to translate the email templates from english to greek . The problem is that they are shown already in the translated language and not in the default (enlish)

I have checked in WPML- Settings- Post Types Translation - Email templates and the english language is the original one over there.

I am attaching a photo for you.

I am waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

October 8, 2018 at 12:43 pm #2796006

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

where do these mail templates come from?
Try going to WPML -> Support -> "troubleshooting" link -> "set language information" button
Please backup your site first.

I would need your WPML debug information. You can find it in:
WPML -> Support -> click on debug information link
Then you can copy/paste the text you see in the Debug box I'll enable for the next answer.
More information here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

October 8, 2018 at 1:16 pm #2796104

floraP

Dear Laura,

I have provided the debug information for you.

Thank you.

October 8, 2018 at 3:14 pm #2796599

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

did you try my other suggestion? Did something change?

If not, I'd like to have your site's credentials so I can take a better look. If you agree, I'll enable a private reply so you can safely share them with me.

October 8, 2018 at 5:10 pm #2797002

floraP

Dear Laura,

I pressed this button and left it like this for more than 30 minutes but it is still being loading.

I have tried twice without result.

Thank you.

October 9, 2018 at 8:39 am #2798959

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

if your site is big, it could take a bit of time to complete the operation, or there could be issues with your server.

Let me know if you want to share credentials with me.

October 9, 2018 at 9:39 am #2799158

floraP

I have tried many times but it is being loading.

Could i provide the credentials in a private message?

October 9, 2018 at 9:41 am #2799160

Laura
Supporter

Please do.

October 10, 2018 at 8:41 am #2803470

floraP

Hello Laura,

Do you have any news about this issue?

Thank you.

October 10, 2018 at 9:16 am #2803600

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I check your site but I can't understand where the templates actually come from. The strings you see in String translation aren't part of templates content, they are from the menus, template name etc. I searched also in the string admin page and they aren't there.

I think it's because the plugin isn't compatible with WPML, so I need to escalate the ticket, but I can't tell you if and when it will be resolved.

If you need a quick fix, the only thing I can suggest is to "translate" the templates to English just copying all the fields and marking them as completed. Then you can edit the templates manually adding the Greek translations.

October 10, 2018 at 10:01 am #2803740

floraP

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your reply.

The theme and the plugins of the theme should be compatible with JobCareer Theme.

I want to have english and greek language in my website and i need a greek email to be sent when someone is in greek page and the same for the english language.

You could check there, that this was possible with this theme and they did not mention any issue with compatibility:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-with-the-email-templates-and-some-translated-strings/

I look forward for your reply.

October 10, 2018 at 4:12 pm #2805192

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

neither the JobCareer theme or the JobHunt email plugin are on our compatibility list, which means that they probably still work, but they may need adjustment.

The issue in the ticket you linked is a bit different from yours, and moreover, is from 2017. A year is quite a big chunk of time in IT, so there's also the chance that even if it worked back then, it doesn't do it now.

I have escalated the ticket, I'll get back to you as soon as I have news.

October 10, 2018 at 4:58 pm #2805272

floraP

Okay Laura,

Thank you.

I am waiting for this.

October 11, 2018 at 10:20 am #2807526

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I found a solution to the issue.
If you open the template edit page, you'll see a box on the right with a dropdown saying "the language of this content is". You can change the language from Greek to English. I didn't notice it at first because the interface is in Greek and I don't understand it.

I did a test and now if you look at the template page there is one template in English and 20 in Greek instead of 21. I also checked you can normally translate the template with the Translation Editor.

I hope this solution can work for you.

October 15, 2018 at 5:26 pm #2818450

floraP

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Laura for your help!