Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 15, 2020 at 8:01 am #7015573

alexP-38

Hello,

We are Facing an issue with the WooCommerce Multilingual plug-in.

I've already deactivated all the plugins, went back to default theme and found that when I deactivate the WooCommerce Multilingual plug-in, the problem is solved.

The problem is that when a product is added to the cart and then I want to move from /cart to /checkout it comes back with an empty cart error or with session expired error. ( As it shows the image bellow ).

I'm also sending you debug information from wpml.debug.tool

We are facing this issue in production and in Ddevelopment.

We have a full access to VPS Server stored on Linode. We do not have any cache plugins, and we have disabled all the server-side cache. Also we do not use cloudflare.

September 15, 2020 at 10:13 am #7017137

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Can you please provide us with the debug information, so that we can get a better idea of your setup?

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

If not yet the case, make sure to have the latest updates already installed, including not only WPML but also related plugins (such as Elementor, WooCommerce, etc).

https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Please do the above and let us know if the issue is still happening.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 15, 2020 at 1:03 pm #7018415

alexP-38

Hello,

Thank you for quick responding.

I've send debug info to you!

Anyway I send it them again. please check this response.

Also I have the latest version o WPML plug-ins.

Thank you!

September 15, 2020 at 9:00 pm #7021389

Bobby
Supporter

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

When I currently visit your site, there is an error 500 and it is not accessible.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

September 16, 2020 at 1:40 pm #7028471

alexP-38

Hello,

Any updates?

September 16, 2020 at 7:47 pm #7030845

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

I am currently not able to reproduce this behavior(test with different languages).

- I can add a product to the cart and then go directly to checkout

- I can add a product to the cart->view cart->checkout and it works as expected.

Please let me know If I am missing a step to reproduce this issue.

September 17, 2020 at 8:03 am #7033705

alexP-38

Hello Bobby,

Please check the screen recording bellow and check that happens.

Screen Recording link: hidden link

Also I have found that when the issue is produced, when I proceed to checkout from the cart, it redirects the checkout and returns a status code 302 Found, this means that is creating a redirection, when the problem isn't produced it returns 200 Ok.

The problem isn't produced on a specific language or on specific product.

It may happen on Germany or Not. It shows up 1 to 5 times..

Please check screenshots bellow.

Thanks,

Alex

September 17, 2020 at 10:32 pm #7040765

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the screenshots!

I can see the issue now. I can reproduce when I am in the cart and reload the cart a few times.

There is an additional language parameter being added to the end of the URL, which makes me suspect a sort of compatibility issue.

However, as there are a few plugins that are behind in their versions, before moving forward please update the following:

1. WooCommerce
2. WooCommerce Multilingual
3. WooCommerce Stripe Gateway
4. WPML CMS Nav

Also, update WordPress to the latest version and delete the duplicated older versions of the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Let me know your results, please.

September 18, 2020 at 6:52 am #7043077

alexP-38

Hello,

When I'm trying to update the WordPress and WooCommerce to the latest version, because of the theme's Version is not compatible with the latest WP Version, I get a Critical Error. I've already informed you about it.

Do the Necessary Updates on another server on your localhost, to test it so you can come up with an update that works perfectly.

It has been a few days since we have reported this issue. Please check it asap.

Thanks!

September 18, 2020 at 5:36 pm #7047989

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for updating me!

I do not believe we have discussed the reason why WP is not updated within this thread, however, I did try to migrate your site and I am running into the issue of the WP paths not being writable.

Both Cloudways Migration and Duplicator plugins are not able to work due to this for me to perform a migration.

Please review and update me.

September 20, 2020 at 11:42 am #7053657

alexP-38

Hello Bobby,

Please try now with duplicator plug-in, I've already tested that it works Fine.

Thanks!

September 22, 2020 at 12:14 am #7063601

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me!

Please try the following:

Go to WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Settings

Switching languages when there are items in the cart & Switching currencies when there are items in the cart

Set both of these options to "Prompt for a confirmation and reset the cart"

Let me know your results, please.

September 22, 2020 at 6:36 am #7065299

alexP-38

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for the update.

I've done the steps that you asked for.

The result is that when I add a product in the cart it's shows up a pop-up that it says "You are trying to change country...".

This means that is doing a redirection and it's deleting my cart.

Looking forward for your reply,

Thanks!

September 22, 2020 at 5:31 pm #7072167

Bobby
Supporter

Correct, there is a redirection that is happening which is why the cart is emptied.
[caused by a 3rd party plugin/custom code and not from WPML's code]

1. Deactivate the following plugins
- WPML Redirect Based on IP Country
- WooCommerce Price Based on Country (Basic) (deactivated already from what I can see)

Now test again.

2. Inspecrt your directory and remove the following file
/home/icare/www/wp-redirect-based-on-ip.php

---------------------------------------

3. Updating your plugins and WP to the latest versions on my local environment worked perfectly without any errors however, note that alone did not resolve the issue

NOTE: Most of these features are included in the latest version of WPML + WCML

https://wpml.org/announcements/2020/08/wcml-4-10-currencies-and-payment-options-based-on-location/

September 23, 2020 at 9:30 am #7077967

alexP-38

Hello,

I want to make a question.

Is there any possibility the issue that we are facing to be because we do not have translated products? We create different products for every language..

Thanks!

The topic ‘[Closed] Empty Cart Error – Session Expired’ is closed to new replies.