Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katrinA-3 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
March 14, 2016 at 12:07 pm #837084

katrinA-3

When I try to manually export an XLIFF all I get is a 22 bytes small .zip-file wich I can't open. What can I do?

I also added a new user and added him as a translator. All translations show up but not the XLIFF-export. This is only visible for my admin user? How do I add the export function to the other user?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Goetz

March 14, 2016 at 4:30 pm #837413

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Goetz,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

For being of better help, can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Otto

March 14, 2016 at 4:52 pm #837429

katrinA-3

Hello Otto,

here are the debug infos.

All the best,
Goetz

March 14, 2016 at 6:43 pm #837528

Otto
Supporter

Hello Goetz,

Thanks for the debug information.

Can you please increase the memory limit to 256MB:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Your configuration now is 40M and the minimum requirements are 128M

Is is normal to have a small .zip file exported. The XLIFF files are just text. You are not able to extract the XLIFF files from the .zip file or you can't open the files once extracted? With which software are you trying to open them? A plain text editor should be enough.

To export the XLIFF as a translator user you should go to Translation Interface > Select the jobs you want to export and click "apply".

Let me know if this helped.

Kind Regards,

Otto

March 14, 2016 at 7:10 pm #837545

katrinA-3

Hello Otto,

perfect – that did the trick! Thanks alot!

Could you help with my other issue as well?
"I also added a new user and added him as a translator. All translations show up but not the XLIFF-export. This is only visible for my admin user? How do I add the export function to the other user?"

Cheers,
Goetz

March 14, 2016 at 8:09 pm #837581

Otto
Supporter

Hello Goetz,

Please take a look at the screenshot attached.

Is the "export" button missing in your site? Is this the issue?

If this is the case, please test the following:
-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

Thanks for your cooperation.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

March 21, 2016 at 4:32 pm #842793

katrinA-3

Hello Otto,

increasing the memory limit also made the export-button appear.

Thanks for your help!
Goetz