This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 8:24 am #4090447

flemmingN

I am trying to: make it so that /en links to our frontpage

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

June 26, 2019 at 11:50 am #4092189

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

In most cases, resetting the permalink will resolve this issue.

Could you please go to Settings -> Permalinks and simply click the "Save" button.

As it's showing a 404 error, another reason would be that the content is not translated or synchronized properly.
Could you please verify if a translation for the page in question exists?

Also could you please let me know whether you are doing any redirection for that page?

Thanks,
Rohan

July 3, 2019 at 11:54 am #4135607

flemmingN

A english homepage @ hidden link does exist. However it jumps to the page which does not exist hidden link.

I did the permalink save already, however that does not work. Could you explain what you mean by "redirect"?

July 3, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4137299

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

This issue may have occurred due to WP Canonical redirect.
Could you please confirm whether that product exists in Trash?
Also, check whether the product exists but not published?

From the debug information, it shows that you have installed the Redirection plugin.
So could you please confirm if there are any redirection rules set for the hidden link page.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks,
Rohan

The topic ‘[Closed] /en does not go to the english front page’ is closed to new replies.