Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 11, 2017 at 9:50 am #1427725

Puntorosso

Hi,

while debugging my site I have discovered that there are some calls to language files that in my installs doesn't exist.

Should I create them?

Thanks

Best

Translations (4)
Locale: en_US

Domain: wpv-views
File: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/web/main/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/languages/views-en_US.mo (Not found!)
Called in: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/web/main/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/toolset.localization.class.php line 57 via Function load_textdomain

Domain: wpcf
File: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/web/main/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/locale/types-en_US.mo (Not found!)
Called in: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/web/main/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/toolset.localization.class.php line 57 via Function load_textdomain

Domain: mainwp-child
File: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/web/main/wp-content/plugins/mainwp-child/languages/mainwp-child-en_US.mo (Not found!)
Called in: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/web/main/wp-includes/l10n.php line 731 via Function load_textdomain

Domain: akismet
File: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/web/main/wp-content/plugins/akismet-en_US.mo (Not found!)
Called in: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/web/main/wp-includes/l10n.php line 731 via Function load_textdomain

November 13, 2017 at 9:28 am #1428592

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. WPML loads these files automatically and I believe each of those plugins should already have .mo files.

1. Please go to WPML >> Theme and plugins localization >> and make sure the settings are setup like I have shown in attached screenshot.

2. After that select your theme and click on button “Scan selected themes for strings”.
3. Then do the same for the plugins on the same page.

4. Above will most likely resolve the issue but if it still exists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

November 16, 2017 at 4:26 pm #1433005

Puntorosso

Hi,

your suggested changes doesn't make any difference.

I have found out that it seems to be also a general WP code design error, because the function “load_plugin_textdomain" in line 704 of wp-includes/l10n.php try to load all plugins .mo files, even with US english as locale.

Ideally there should be an exception like "if locale = plugin language then skip loading function”.

Still not sure why if I set WPML as "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)" lead to the same error.

Best

November 17, 2017 at 12:23 pm #1433836

Bruno

Hi,

Noman assigned your ticket to me and I'll answer your ticket. I hope this is ok.

How are you doing this debug? Are you using any plugins to verify this? If you disable WPML, are these .mo files still loaded?

Please, could you post the step by step that you are following to see the problem so that I try to replicate this in my testing environment?

Thank you.

November 18, 2017 at 6:48 pm #1434781

Puntorosso

Hi,

I use the plugin Debug Objects

https://wordpress.org/plugins/debug-objects/

Once installed follow the screenshot included:

- go to the Pages list (1)
- press the Object button top right (2)
- check the tab “Translation” (3)

Thanks

Best

November 18, 2017 at 7:34 pm #1434794

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. It looks like this plugin is just showing that these files do not exist. They are not necessarily being loaded.

As the Debug Objects is a debug plugin, this may have scanned the plugins/themes, located the load_textdomain function, and displayed that the language files do not exist.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.