This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maciejK-15 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 10:20 pm #4139093

maciejK-15

I am trying to:
Enable string translation with backup of .mo localization
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

July 3, 2019 at 10:28 pm #4139185

maciejK-15

I'm using wpml in combination with Motopress Hotel Booking plugin.
I've been disabling string translation, because it doesn't offer pluralization of nouns required by polish language.
I found a workaround that issue, but whenever I enable string translation, many of pages related to my hotel booking become not accessible=> too many redirects message in the browser.

July 3, 2019 at 11:34 pm #4139313

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

It might be possible that String Translation is experiencing a compatiblity issue with another plugin.

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the results. In case the debug-log is very long please add it to a web tool like pastebin.com and send me the link.

KInd regards,
Andreas

July 4, 2019 at 12:39 am #4139373

maciejK-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!