Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 23, 2020 at 1:41 pm #6201153

hendA

I got this notification "For String Tracking to work, the option Assume that the original language of all strings is English was automatically disabled. To enable it back, go to WPML->Theme and Plugins localization."
When I go to the page the option is just not there!

ascon-me.com

May 24, 2020 at 9:30 pm #6205767

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Hend,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

This option was removed in version 3.0.0 of the String Translation plugin. We made this change in order to improve the performance. You can find a few more details about this right here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/assume-all-strings-have-english-original-where-can-i-find-this-setting/#post-4713405

Can you make sure that you're using the latest version of the WPML plugins, please? The notice that you mentioned should be no longer visible if you use the latest updates.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Enabling the option: Assume that the original language of all strings is English’ is closed to new replies.