This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 5:20 pm

Wayne & Susan Vanderwier

I am trying to:
Send pages to translator
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
<hidden link;
I expected to see:
Custom XML coding
Instead, I got:
Nothing

June 3, 2019 at 10:17 pm #3946315

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

please review the following documentation and let me know your results

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/how-to-fix-encoding-of-fields/?utm_source=wpmlplugin&utm_campaign=content-translation&utm_medium=translation-basket&utm_term=how-to-fix-encoding-of-fields

go to WPML->Settings->Custom XML Configuration to add the encoding as the documentation shows.

NOTE: you will need to manually add it , and the screen will be empty.

June 4, 2019 at 4:44 am #3947891

Wayne & Susan Vanderwier

When I go to the settings under WPML and search for Custom XML Confinguration the screen is empty. I copied the code that was under the "Add conditional coding to the Avada field" It said that it was invalid. How am I supposed to correct the encoding error? I do not know how to code this. It is not like the illustration that is shown.

June 4, 2019 at 4:44 pm #3953683

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

As i mentioned in my previous thread this screen is usually empty and you have to add this code either yourself or go to your Avada theme's wpml-config.xml using your FTP.

please try the following

1. Use your FTP and go to wp-content/themes/wpml-config.xml

2. When WPML prompts you about an encoding issue with fields, you can click to get a list of exact fields in question. Once you have the fields in question look for them within the wpml-config.xml

3. once you find them follow the instructions given in the documentation and make the changes in the wpml-config.xml and let me know your results

review the following especially
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/how-to-fix-encoding-of-fields/?utm_source=wpmlplugin&utm_campaign=content-translation&utm_medium=translation-basket&utm_term=how-to-fix-encoding-of-fields#encoding-issue-with-fields-coming-from-avada-fusion-builder

if you are still having issues following the documentation and adding this fix please let me know and also provide me with the fields in question.

June 6, 2019 at 11:13 am #3968515

Wayne & Susan Vanderwier

Hi Bobby!
I don't know how to find the "wp-content/themes/wpml-config.xml". I am a novice at website development. Most of what I have done is through youtube videos.
I have attached the messages that I got from the translation management page when I tried to send the pages for translation. They give the information I need to correct, I just don't know how to ask the right questions to get the answers I need to complete the task. When I read the article you suggested, it sound very simple but I don't see anything like this on the xml screen and don't know where to begin.

June 6, 2019 at 4:50 pm #3971075

Bobby
Supporter

I understand , if possible please let me know which jobs i need to sent to translation so i can get the same message you are getting so i can further help you by providing you the wpml-config.xml configuration.

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

June 10, 2019 at 1:22 am
June 10, 2019 at 1:25 am #3984311

Wayne & Susan Vanderwier

Hi Bobby!
I have made two replies now to your request for information. Both times when I submit them, they do not show up on this page. When I come to the point where I hit submit, I get a "NOT" symbol over the submit button. This is very frustrating.
Are you receiving this information?
Thanks!
Susie

June 10, 2019 at 4:45 pm #3988829

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Susie,

i got only one of your messages and the one above from today and nothing on Friday (2 in total)

i am working on this at the moment and will update you shortly

June 10, 2019 at 5:54 pm #3989385

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

the issue was caused by your media file's names.

if you review your screenshots you will notice that the fields that were encoded were not page builder fields coming from Avada therefore after doing a search i noticed that these numbers/text fields were from some of your media names

i changed the name of the media within the wp-content/uploads are for each responsible media from a name such as 1b94afd47d477f8dd99c7f834c9ddf1c to something more common such as contactpng.png for example and then also changed it within the page that was experiencing issues and you should be able to re add these pages for translation now

Let me know your results please

Also i highly recommend reviewing your media file names and removing any name and alt text that looks similar to this structure "1b94afd47d477f8dd99c7f834c9ddf1c" as it looks like an encoded field.

NOTE : its also important to go to Media->Search for the field causing the issue-> edit the EN media and change the name

June 10, 2019 at 8:41 pm #3990283

Wayne & Susan Vanderwier

Hi Bobby!
This is great news! I think it will resolve my issues. I am traveling right now but will check the site ASAP and hope to close the support thread. Thanks so much for your help!!!

June 10, 2019 at 9:48 pm #3990513

Bobby
Supporter

No problem , once ready feel free to check it and update me here.

The topic ‘[Closed] encode64 error’ is closed to new replies.