Sauter la navigation

Ce sujet est résolu. Voici une description du problème et de la solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing a warning when trying to translate their homepage into English, indicating an encoding issue with fields sent in translation. The client attempted to resolve the issue by following a tutorial and accessing the 'custom XML configuration' in WPML settings, but found it empty and was unable to make changes.

Solution:
We recommended confirming if the client had followed the documentation on how to fix the encoding of fields. It is expected to have an empty XML file initially, as the problematic fields need to be identified and added to the XML file before their encoding can be edited. We suggested duplicating the page that was stuck and removing elements one by one while trying to send it to translation to identify the field causing the error. Additionally, we asked the client to enable debug information to provide us with more insights into the issue, with instructions available at how to provide debug information.

If this solution does not seem relevant to your situation, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket with us.

Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe du WPML répond sur le forum 6 jours par semaine, 22 heures par jour.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum French. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

Ce sujet contient 2 réponses, a 2 voix.

Dernière mise à jour par peggyC Il y a 4 mois et 3 semaines.

Assisté par: Ilyes.

Auteur Articles
décembre 4, 2023 à 4:13 pm #14989301

peggyC

Hi

I have a problem translating my homepage into English.
I have a first warning which tells me this:
--
Warning: You are attempting to edit a translation that is being added using WPML.

Please refer to the Translation Management Dashboard to find out the exact status of this translation.
--
So I go to the dashboard to isolate the home page and try to translate it from there.
But impossible, here is what is proposed:
--
Sometimes you may encounter an encoding issue with fields sent in translation. WPML warns you about this and prevents jobs containing such fields from being sent for translation until you correct their encoding. This page explains how to do this easily.
--
I read the tutorial and I go to wpml settings to modify this encoding problem but the "custom xml configuration" window is empty, so I cannot change anything....

Can you help me please ?

décembre 5, 2023 à 9:09 pm #15002749

Ilyes
Supporter

Les langues: Anglais (English ) Français (Français ) Arabe (العربية )

Fuseau horaire: Pacific/Easter (GMT-06:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML support team,

Could you please confirm that you've been following this documentation ? : https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/how-to-fix-encoding-of-fields/

If yes, that means it is normal to have an Empty XML file, as we need to first know which fields are causing this issue first, add them to that XML file and then edit the encoding on them.

Do you have an idea on what field might have caused this error? There is a huge chance that your translation is only stuck on pages that are using this field.

One way to test it is to duplicate that stuck page and start removing elements one by one and simultaneously send it to translation OR you might have more details on which field is causing this in the error message.

Furthermore, we would like to ask you to enable debug information for this matter, which will provide us with more insights about your website. You may refer to this link for instructions on how to do this: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Looking forward to your response.

décembre 6, 2023 à 10:13 am #15006027

peggyC

Hi !
In fact I think I understood the problem, I removed blocks from the English version home page, so I have to go directly to the page to make my modifications, I can no longer go through the string translation uniquely. My problem is solved. Thanks for your help ! Have a good day

peggyC a confirmé que le problème avait été résolu sur 2023-12-06 10:14:52.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.