This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by elmoA 2 years, 7 months ago.

Author Posts
March 30, 2017 at 11:21 am #1243279

elmoA

I am using Enfold theme and the Code Block element in the Avia Layout Builder to add inline CSS (especially page-specific CSS used only once). However, since WPML 3.6.x the Code Block has been breaking the CSS from working, as it adds extraneous <br /> elements to the content (which are naturally not allowed in CSS and break browser from interpreting it).

In addition, if I use for instance <p> tag in the Code Block, WPML removes them completely, which is unexpected as well, as the Code Block should be left as is in all cases tag-wise. Somehow WPML is making its own round of stripping tags, while, I believe, it should instead leave all Enfold layout code untouched.

Steps to duplicate the issue:

1. Use Enfold theme
2. Create a blank page
3. Add Code Block
4. Add content to the Code Block that has a <style> tag and at least one line break
5. Publish

March 30, 2017 at 1:44 pm #1243465

elmoA

It seems that this issue went away when I switched to beta version 3.7.0-b.2. So it seems the solution is already in the making.