Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I am trying to translate a code block created on a page, via enfold, but the code block doesn't show up in the Translation Editor. Is this a bug? I would expect the code block to show up in the Translation Editor, when editing the secondary language.

Solution:
The code block of the enfold theme is not set as translatable by default at the wpml-config.xml file (see https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/). You can change this by adding the following snippet to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration:

<wpml-config>
 <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>av_codeblock</tag>
        </shortcode>
  </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

After that, please try the following:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language).
- Do a small modification on the page content and save
- Check the translation. The code field should be available now

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by holgerB-13 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 29, 2018 at 11:58 am #2857756

bjornS-9

I am trying to translate a code block created on a page, via enfold, but the code block doesn't show up in the Translation Editor. Is this a bug? I would expect the code block to show up in the Translation Editor, when editing the secondary language.
See attached screenshots: 1 and 2 - default language code block content, 3 - translation editor for secondary language

October 30, 2018 at 7:23 pm #2863467

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @bjorns-9, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

The code block of the enfold theme is not set as translatable by default at the wpml-config.xml file (see https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/). You can change this by adding the following snippet to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration:

<wpml-config>
 <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>av_codeblock</tag>
        </shortcode>
  </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

After that, please try the following:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language).
- Do a small modification on the page content and save
- Check the translation. The code field should be available now

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

December 13, 2018 at 11:29 am #2997349

holgerB-13

Hi Friends, well i have had the same issue.
Enfold: Vers.4.5 Theme Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme Standard.
WPML: Vers.4.08 before Update to 4.1.2

The custom XML config Code works perfect.
Notation:
My procedure:
Code Block will be shown as an typical Editorwindow.-> obove on the right klick on text/code-> paste the code that you want to shown Visual in Frontend. Check in "Translation already done" und Save. -> 100% Success.
- If you made any Modification after this procedure on this specific site, please check up if the code Visual ist still displayed. If not, please do the Procedure again.

Best regards an many thanx for superior support.
Holger