Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
November 7, 2019 at 10:40 am

olafM-4

I am trying to: Translate posts using the recommended, WPML compatible ENFOLD Theme with Portfolio Grid and Masonry elements on the page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The translated German page to look the same as the English source

Instead, I got: missing settings in the translated German page. Opening the translated page in the page editor shows, that no settings are visible. This leads to real issues when trying to fix it circumventing the ATE.

I made a screenshot, but the image is 2MB and you do not allow such a screenshot. Maybe consider changing that as well.

The test page is in a clone made for WPML to see.

November 7, 2019 at 11:59 am
November 7, 2019 at 1:14 pm #4905993

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

hidden link

Can you login here and check these pages?
hidden link
hidden link

Can you tell me what am I missing here? There is so this one:
hidden link

This one I translated before activating advanced translation editor, it worked also.

I've added portfolio grid items and translated those pages, filters seems to be showing. If this works how you wanted it to work, then there must be something on your setup causing this not to work properly, a theme settings perhaps, page settings, caching (site and server caching).

Let me know what you think, since I am unable to reproduce this currently.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 7, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4907363

olafM-4

Hi,
Thank you for building a naked test environment. It shows the error clearly as well. Once you use ATE the sort filter does not show and the selected categories do not show in the backend. See attached images. You didn't see the problem, because you didn't select any category. By default, Enfold displays all items then. I selected categories Test1 and Test2 on the EN page (image 4) and translated using ATE. The filters disappear in the page view and the settings do not show in the backend (image 3).
Time to get the integration team involved. We have proof!.
I am online if you want to "talk".

November 7, 2019 at 3:09 pm #4907413

olafM-4

My beautiful test page is also repaired showing the same problem in color.
hidden link

November 8, 2019 at 10:24 am #4912143

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

That was the trick - to chose categories manually and in this case it will not work. It does not matter if we translate it using advanced translation editor or any other means, it will not work.

I escalated this case to compatibility team this is how I described reproducing.

1) create few portfolio categories and translate them
2) create few portfolio items and translate
3) create a page which contains Portfolio Grid and make sure you choose to show filters (Sortable option, it is usually done by default)
4) on this page, select some categories manually, so don't make them show all (because if you don't select any categories, then it works)
5) translate this page and find that the filter is not showing up

- hidden link
- hidden link

If there is something else, let me know so that I can update our internal ticket. Otherwise, we will wait for them to respond back with either workaround or solution.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 8, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4913301

olafM-4

Hi Bruno,

your description is correct. That is the problem and how it can be shown. Unfortunately, that is not the only problem in the compatibility theater. But we respect the rule - one problem per ticket.
Maybe I name the next ticket "compatibility issues WPML - The Events Calendar - ENFOLD".
I have another ticket open that is broader, but it does not move for 2 weeks. Not good.
Anyway, the patch for that one should be easy.

November 8, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4913723

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, hopefully there will be a workaround available for this quickly.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 14, 2019 at 8:59 am #4944719

olafM-4

Hi Bruno, what can we do? We need a patch to solve this issue. The portfolio grid is an important element in our website and we are now hesitating to do any translations. We also have another ticket open for weeks now that relates to ATE not delivering the translated content (text) to the target page. Maybe related. We need a solution for both. I see other tickets from clients saying they have delivery issues with ATE as well. Maybe related.

November 14, 2019 at 11:14 am #4946195

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I'm afraid there have been no updates on the internal ticket, so I don't have any solutions or workarounds for you in the moment. It is not related to ATE, because I've seen it not working even if translated with classic translation editor.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 18, 2019 at 6:58 am #4962135

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I received information from our compatibility team. The issue is coming from this file \enfold\config-templatebuilder\avia-shortcodes\portfolio\portfolio.php.

Find this line:

$display_cats = is_array($params['categories']) ? $params['categories'] : array_filter(explode(',',$params['categories']));

and add this after it:

if (defined('ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION')) {
				$display_cats_wpml = array();
				foreach ($display_cats as $display_cat) {
					$display_cat = apply_filters('wpml_object_id', $display_cat, 'portfolio_entries', true);
					$display_cats_wpml [] = $display_cat;
				}
				$display_cats = $display_cats_wpml;
			}

We also reached theme authors about this, but can you do the same as well through their official support?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 19, 2019 at 10:45 am #4970915

olafM-4

Hi Bruno,
Thank you very much for the patch. It fixes the translation problem by 90%. The translated page has now all the settings in the Masonry and Portfolio grid from the source page. However, if you open the translated page for edit then you do not see which portfolio categories are actually selected. They are all blank. If you then save the page it is destroyed. It is also destroyed for the translation editor ATE.
Let me explain it again using the test page I created. hidden link
When I translate to German (DE) the settings are all correct. Portfoio Grid and Masonry have the correct settings in the front end. In the back end, the DE page does not show the portfolio selection. It shows all blank. If you then save the Masonry or Portfolio Grid in the DE page then the selection is lost. Nothing is selected. This destroys the page. If you then call up the ATE gain to translate again then the ATE goes on strike and the page is opened in the classic translation editor.
If you do not touch the translated page, then all remains nice and fully functional.

We reported the issue to Kriesi.at, the designers of ENFOLD at the same time as we reported the problem to you. They have still not understood the problem. They just asked for login and password yesterday. hidden link

You guys are much faster. Thank you.

November 19, 2019 at 12:41 pm #4972115

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, I sent all of this to our compatibility team and I'm waiting for their feedback.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 19, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4972867

olafM-4

I think you have done a great job. We can work until the next ENFOLD update comes and wipes it all out.

November 19, 2019 at 1:56 pm #4973011

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Hopefully it will 🙂

Regards,
Bruno Kos