Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
October 21, 2019 at 12:15 am #4790419

tonyD-4

When I change the theme settings, as an example Logo. I need to change that for each and every translation.

How can I edit changes to affect all languages?

October 21, 2019 at 8:24 pm #4797135

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

I took a look at your debug information and did not see any logo fields in the Custom Fields so if you are having to translate a theme's options individually, then those options have been set to be translatable by the theme's author using a WPML Language Configuration File.

Please check both your active theme and the parent theme for a file called wpml-config.xml. If you are unable to find one, I'd like to request temporary access to your website to see how those options are being set to translatable and how we can make the theme use one value for certain options like the logo.

Request for temporary access

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back up the site before providing us access. If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

IMPORTANT
Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC.

DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields.

If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this:
hidden link

October 28, 2019 at 4:24 pm #4841633

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Tony,

My apologies for the late response on this issue. We released a new version of WPML last and I wanted to make sure any solution we provide works with the new version.

Could you update your plugins and theme to their latest versions and let me know when it's done, please?

Thank you,

November 1, 2019 at 7:11 am #4868387

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Tony,

This is expected behavior due to the reason that Theme options are meant to be individually customizable for each language.

IMPORTANT
Please make a backup of site files and database before trying the steps below. Backing up your website ensures that you will be able to recover it in case something goes wrong. We always recommend trying any significant changes in a development or staging environment before applying them to a production website.

At the very least, please back up your Theme Options by exporting them. There is a chance that updating your settings for all languages causes you to lose settings from the original language.

To change theme options for a secondary language, you must:
- Go to the Theme Options page
- Select the secondary language from the language selector at the top of the page
- Make your changes

To change theme options for all languages, you must:
- Go to the Theme Options page
- Select All Languages from the language selector at the top of the page
- Make your changes

Please do let us know if this helps you resolve your issue, and don't hesitate to reach out again if you need further assistance with this topic!