This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 4, 2019 at 10:26 am

davyM

I am trying to:
Copy the content from the English page / duplicate the translation from the EN pages to JP and NL pages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The header visible when visiting the Japanese page (hidden link)

Instead, I got:
However it's not visible, and when I check in the edit page I can see there is no content.

September 4, 2019 at 11:03 am
September 4, 2019 at 11:04 am #4510335

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

please let me know your results after you do the following test

create a new header at the moment within the header and footer templates, when you click to translate it do you see its fields ?

September 4, 2019 at 11:10 am #4510377

davyM

Hello,

I don't want to use the fields as the Japanese needs some design changes. I want to copy the english contents and manually change everything.

September 4, 2019 at 12:01 pm #4510655

Bobby
Supporter

It seems that thee elements added within the header are not picked up by the translation editor therefore as a workaround i did the following

1. edit the header with elementor and add a title element "ex. test"
2. update
3. create the translation./duplicate
4. access Japanese page and edit with elementor then remove the string "test" by simply deleting it but leaving an empty title field
5. do the same for english now but leave the title field empty

review the front end and it should work as expected

i have already done this with your header , please review the front end and let me know if it shows now

September 4, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4510705

davyM

I will try in a moment.
Can't it work without the work around? I have to do this for 10+ pages for 2 languages.

September 4, 2019 at 1:16 pm #4511321

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

you just have to do this for the Header template, no need to change anything in your pages

which i already have done for you , could you please verify that it is showing now ?

September 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4512019

davyM

I tried with the footer but it didn't work.. can you post a video on how you did it?

September 4, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4512433

davyM

I will be more happy if we can just fix this bug somehow. I don't like the workaround.

September 5, 2019 at 7:15 am #4516023

Bobby
Supporter

The plugin Elementor - Header, Footer & Blocks is made by Brainstorm force and not Elementor's team

at the moment this plugin is not listed as an officially compatible plugin with WPML
=> https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

with that being said i was able to duplicate the footer to the Japan version without doing the workaround

the problem here seems to happen when you select the box to "duplicate" , instead click on the "+" button and then copy all fields from original

this works as expected see here hidden link

i recommend creating a new header as a test to test this , i have test it multiple times and it worked as expected

The topic ‘[Closed] English content can't be copied from Elementor page’ is closed to new replies.