This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mariaM-40 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 21, 2018 at 6:29 pm #2835813

mariaM-40

I am trying to: Setup WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: /wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Flanguages.php

I expected to see: English

Instead, I got: no English.

I purchased a theme which was in English but we have added all content in Spanish. When I start the SETUP WPML I select SPANISH as the language that existing content is in. On the next page where I need to select SITE LANGUAGES, I do not have English as an option.

I had a look in /wp-content/langauges/ and the files I have in there are all en_GB e.g. en_GB.mo

Can you please help with how I should be setting up WPML for Spanish (default) + English (theme purchased was in EN but content input in ES).

I haven't given site access. Let me know if you need it please.

Thanks.

October 22, 2018 at 4:17 pm #2838898

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

If the content was already added in Spanish, you did the right thing when you selected Spanish as default. Now, because you selected Spanish as default, on the next setup step, you won't see the naming "English" anymore but you will see "Ingles".

I can see "Ingles" in the screenshot you attached and I will attach a screenshot of my own showing you where that is.

Simply click the checkbox next to that flag and then go forward in the WPML setup process.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 22, 2018 at 4:56 pm #2839092

mariaM-40

Thanks. That has sorted it out.