This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
March 22, 2019 at 12:44 am #3431645

danS-27

Hello, I am managing this site for Dan Schmidt. My email is alitardo@globaltraffic.com

Tried to access support through this link which seemed to give me access to support, but did not understand how...

https://wpml.org/account/wpml-compatibility/?site=8705668d95dab9b5f38611db99b1259e8c98d3

First and foremost, I will need direct access to receive support on my email address, could you set that up for me.? Greatly appreciated !

-------------------------------

Here goes my questions: (see attached captures)

1)- At one point I had enabled the Russian language. The translation area show a few pending english - russian pages to be addressed, and no way to delete these traslations. How can I clear this area? We will enable Russian translations later.

2)- On the translation manager, I wanted to start translating POSTS, but when I select the item type post instead of pages, it does not change the list, continue showing pages.. Why?

3)- Dont understand how the string translation work. At one point I 'scanned' the 'translate link targets' Not sure if that may have be unnecessary, but the site has 583 pages full of strings!! I do not need to translate the back end. It all can remain in English. Right now when I go into spanish, all texts of the administrative area switches to spanish. I need it to remain in English. How do I do that?

--- Going back to strings, I need to translate some field labels on the Mailchimp sign up form and cannot find where. I tried to search within all strings 'select strings within domain: Mc4wp-wpml (7)' .. and again, does not filter anything it continues to show every string...

March 22, 2019 at 4:17 pm #3442239

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

We are able to offer support only via the Support Forum - via tickets (where we are right now) or via live chat (you are asked if you want to open a live chat or a ticket when you are starting the process of writing to the support team).

Also, from my understanding, there are multiple situations that you are facing at the moment.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

As we will be taking care of point 1 in this ticket, may I kindly ask you to please open new tickets for the additional issues?

Thank you very much for understanding.

So now let's get back to the first issue you mentioned.

1. First of all, I have noticed that the website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. To delete items in Translations queue, please follow the steps mentioned in this ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-delete-items-in-translations-queue/

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei