This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 2, 2020 at 1:30 pm #6274623

nour-el-islamD

Hi Team,

I'm facing an error when I'm browsing and switching the site from language to another as you can see the below screenshot:
hidden link

I have contacted the theme author and they asked me to contact the hosting provider, so I have contacted Siteground technical team and they tried to solve the issue but it ends up that they asked me to contact you because this issue not happening when I disable WPML plugin:
hidden link

So kindly check and help me to solve this issue.
Many Thanks.

June 2, 2020 at 6:49 pm #6276903

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

Is this happening only in that one specific page?

If possible I would need to see the detail of the error log.

You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

June 2, 2020 at 7:07 pm #6276977

nour-el-islamD

Hi Dear, Thank you for your reply,
I have followed your instructions and added the codes as followed:
hidden link

I checked my root directory but there is no file named (error_log.txt) but I can see a file named (php_errorlog) and here is the file content:
hidden link

There is another file inside the wp-admin folder named (php_errorlog) and here is the file content:
hidden link

No other error_log.text files inside the root directory or in the wp-content folder.
Waiting for your assistance.
Thank you.

June 3, 2020 at 5:33 pm #6286311

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for sharing with me the screenshot.

I don't see a specific error pointing to WPML however it seems that there might be some database corruption? Please review your database to verify that its installed as expected.

Did you recently perform a migration?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed I recommend taking FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

June 3, 2020 at 11:45 pm #6287813

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

It looks like your .htaccess has been rewritten which causes these err 500.

Please review the following documentation and let me know your results.

https://wpml.org/errata/htaccess-is-rewritten-with-language-folder/

The topic ‘[Closed] Eror 500’ is closed to new replies.