This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm #3987359

fabriceT-2

I have done some import of pages yesterday, so i haven´t touched any plugins or configuration.
This morning, checking the website, i could see that the WPML plugins have been disabled and uninstalled.
I have installed it again and got 404 error on my FRENCH ad ENGLISH pages.

When installing WPML, i have chosen Portuguese from Brazil and i got the website in Portuguese from Portugal. (there is something wrong between these 2 languages)

I tried again to switch to different languages and try to select portuguese from Brazil and it worked on the system but didn't work on the site. Main page still remaining with Pt-pt extension.

I tried to empty cache, as display error usually come from there and it broke the site to 500 error.
I have a robust server, i guess problem is not from them.

So, i am questioning you on why did this happen? Why the plugins uninstalled themselves?
What is wrong between Portuguese BR and PT?

I am currently trying to fix the problem with my webhost and see what is wrong.
I need your support as soon as possible.

I am quite disappointed by the plugin giving me lots of work on maintenance and surprises.

Thank you,
Fabrice

I CAN´T SEND THIS MESSAGE WITH DEBUG INFO

June 10, 2019 at 2:36 pm #3988205

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

It sounds like a strange issue. WPML will not change language settings or disable plugins automatically. Please share more details about the following for a better understanding, have you imported it using WP All Import plugin.

I have done some import of pages yesterday

Please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 15, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4027563

fabriceT-2

Dear Bigul,

I have imported a backup of the site this week since all pages were going to 400 error and worst the server had problem.

Hopefully it worked.
BUT, this morning, surprise, the WPML installation has been uninstalled and the system ask me to install it again and the french and english pages disappeared.

I haven´t done anythings on the website since i had imported the backup.

Please advice.

Please, find debug information and a picture of the message

June 15, 2019 at 5:09 pm #4028579

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please let me know the following for tracking the issue.

a) Have you enabled the Debug mode in *wp-config.php* file after importing the backup? If so, please check is there any error or warning is tracked in *debug.log* file of *wp-content* folder.

b) Please check is there any log in the server error log file(Apache error log) related to this.

c) Which kind of hosting service you are using, shared or VPS or Dedicated? Please share more details about it.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Erro 500 – Plugins got uninstalled’ is closed to new replies.