This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by craigR-6 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 17, 2018 at 12:18 pm #2740858

Alejandro Castane

I am trying to: Upgrade the post media information

Instead, I got: The following exception has occurred while running the migration, please try again later or contact support if the problem persists.
status code: 400

errorThrown: Bad Request

jqXHR.responseText:

September 18, 2018 at 3:44 pm #2745718

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

If no errors are reported there, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen. With these settings, if you try to update media information, do you still get the same error?

October 2, 2018 at 9:25 pm #2782863

craigR-6

I'm seeing this as well. In the WP Dashboard following an update to all installed WPML plugins there's a message:

WPML needs to upgrade the post's media information.
We couldn't complete the whole process in one request. Please click on the "Upgrade" button to continue.

On clicking "Upgrade" the following message is displayed:

The following exception has occurred while running the migration, please try again later or contact support if the problem persists.
status code: 400
errorThrown: Bad Request
jqXHR.responseText:

Enabled WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG but nothing is written to the log. Disabled all plugins except WPML-related and then changed the theme to TwentySeventeen. Error message is still being displayed on clicking "Upgrade".

It was causing most uploaded images to no longer be visible in the WP admin area Media window when adding to an ACF Pro custom option field etc that wasn't in the default language. When adding an image in the default language all images were visible.

Have run the WPML post's media "Upgrade" several times now and am now seeing images in other languages so not sure if it's been processing a few at a time. Error message is still displaying though when clicking "Upgrade".

Am going to roll back to backed-up previous WPML plugin version though as this kind of behaviour is too flakey.

Hope the above helps you to track down the cause of the issue.

The topic ‘[Closed] Error 400 on upgrading the post media info’ is closed to new replies.