This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
May 11, 2018 at 2:42 pm #2090207

julienD-25

Hello. I installed the plugin and I was thinking about adding 5 different languages, the website is running in english and I planned to add : French, Japonese, Chinese, Portuguese.

The thing is I change my mind and now I just want it in english & french & Portuguese.
But WPML created different urls for every of my 500 products in each different languages. I know it was supposed to do it but now it's the mess. I have so much 404 errors.

What can I do ?
I started 301 redirection but it will take so long :'(

Thanks

May 12, 2018 at 8:22 am #2096934

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

You can try one of these solutions:

1. If you still wish to keep the languages enabled but you don't want to translate the content (eg. products, posts, etc.) you can use the new feature to display Untranslated Content on Pages in Secondary Languages as explained here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

2. Use the Redirection plugin that is installed on your website adding one rule per language with wildcards
So, for instance, if you want to redirect all the Japanese products to the English one, add this rule (edit it with your website address):
Source URL: hidden link)

Regular expression: enabled/checked

Target URL: hidden link or just /product/$1

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Thank you