Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
November 14, 2019 at 9:03 am

sylvainM-7

Hello

I am trying to send some GET params to WooCommerce account subpages but I receive an 404 error ONLY when special chars (for ex. spaces: %20 or +) are used in GET values.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link or hidden link

You can try WITHOUT space in GET value, it works:
hidden link

I expected to see the subpage like this:
hidden link

Instead, I got 404 error.

When I disable the WPML CMS plugin, it works.

However, it is important to know that when I reactivate WPML and deactivate SiteOrigin Page Builder (the only other plugin installed), it also works.

So I'm thinking of a conflict between your plugin and the SiteOrigin Page Builder one.

However, the page builder is NOT USED on the My Account page.

I would like to point out that I have reproduced this problem on a fresh installation of WordPress. All installation settings have been left by default. And it's not a theme issue because I did the test with several.

Many thanks in advance.

PS: I send you the editor ID so you can see the error (sorry I can't give you admin access). You should be able to reproduce this problem quite easily on your side.

PLEASE: If possible I would like my domain name to remain confidential, could you hide the links?

November 14, 2019 at 10:19 am
November 14, 2019 at 10:37 am #4945687

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

This has been escalated to our Compatibility team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 20, 2019 at 6:17 am #4976867

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you try commenting out this line:

$post_id = url_to_postid( $current_url );

in /siteorigin-panels/inc/sidebars-emulator.php, does it yield expected results in your case?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 20, 2019 at 9:25 am #4978173

sylvainM-7

Hi Bruno,

I can confirm it solves my issue. Thank you very much.

While SiteOrgin fixes this definitively, do you think that commenting this instruction may generate other problems?

Best regards,
Sylvain

November 20, 2019 at 10:09 am #4978515

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Sylvain,

I really cannot tell if this will have any consequences on other parts of the plugin, because the plugin itself is quite complex, but perhaps you could ask their support on what is line of code is responsible for, in which scenarios it may appear and what would happen if you remove it.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 20, 2019 at 10:22 am #4978599

sylvainM-7

Ok I understand.

Do you confirm that your compatibility team is taking care of the transmission and follow-up of this issue with the SiteOrigin team?

Should I close this topic as resolved on your site?

Thanks,
Sylvain

November 20, 2019 at 10:44 am #4978853

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you tell me one thing - where exactly will you be using this? This is the main consideration our compatibility team has, because we need to understand where is this going to be used and how. Orders is an endpoint from WooCommerce and not a real page, so we need to have a better understanding of the whole scenario before engaging into further development.

Can you perhaps show us this here?
hidden link

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm #4981719

sylvainM-7

Hi again,

Sure, the GET method can be used in many applications because these endpoints allow you to display absolutely all the content you want!

In my case, just visit this link: hidden link

And now this one: hidden link!

Sorry I can use '%20' between you first and lastname 😉

FYI:
- WC Custom Tab: hidden link
- Contact Form : hidden link

Best Regards,
Sylvain

November 21, 2019 at 7:58 am #4985737

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Got it! Our 2nd tier escalated this to our developers and it is up to them to decide when and how will they implement this in the future versions of WPML. Apart from the workaround suggested above, it is also possible to use this:

Go to wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php and change:

$html             = '<a href="' . $url . '">removeit</a>';
		$alp_broken_links = array();
		remove_filter( 'url_to_postid', array( $this, 'url_to_postid' ) );
		$html = $absolute_links_object->_process_generic_text( $html, $alp_broken_links );
		add_filter( 'url_to_postid', array( $this, 'url_to_postid' ) );
		$url = str_replace( array( '<a href="', '">removeit</a>' ), array( '', '' ), $html );

to

$html             = '<a href="' . $url . '">removeit</a>';
		$alp_broken_links = array();
                $trace = debug_backtrace( FALSE, 5 );
		if (! $trace[4]["class"] == "SiteOrigin_Panels_Sidebars_Emulator" && ! $trace[4]["function"] == "register_widgets") {
			remove_filter( 'url_to_postid', array( $this, 'url_to_postid' ) );
		};
		$html = $absolute_links_object->_process_generic_text( $html, $alp_broken_links );
		add_filter( 'url_to_postid', array( $this, 'url_to_postid' ) );
		$url = str_replace( array( '<a href="', '">removeit</a>' ), array( '', '' ), $html );we

Whether this solution will be implemented into the final version, this is also up to developers and I don't have any information at this point.

I will keep this thread updated as soon as I get any new information from them!

Regards,
Bruno Kos