Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When switching languages between WooCommerce product categories, the user gets a 404 error.

Solution: Translating the slug and deactivating a conflicting plugin solved the problem.

Steps:

1. Go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization and select Translate by WPML 2. Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins" and select WooCommerce and scroll down to click the blue button "Scan the selected plugins for strings" 3. WPML > String translation and search for "product-category" and translated Url product_cat slug: product-category to product-categorie. This solves going from en to nl, but to go from en to nl, I needed to deactivate the plugin WooCommerce NL.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 6, 2015 at 4:18 pm #613404

tsafrirN

I am trying to:when I’m on page in one language and move to other language I get error 404, also I see that WPML make it like 2 site and when I change something on my theme I need to go to the other language and change there as well if not when I click on the language in the site I get different layout

URL of (my) website where problem appears:hidden link

I expected to see:the same page in difrent language

Instead, I got:404 page

May 6, 2015 at 9:47 pm #613612

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hi,
Thank you for posting in the forum.
I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site (it would be better to a develpment site) to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Please, make a full back up of your site before.
Kind Regards

May 7, 2015 at 2:52 pm #614292

Otto
Supporter

Hi Tsafi,
I logged into your site and perform the following steps:
1. Went to WPML > Theme and plugins localization and selected Translate by WPML
2. Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins" and selected WooCommerce and scrolled down to click the blue button "Scan the selected plugins for strings"
3. Went to WPML > String translation and search for "product-category" and translated Url product_cat slug: product-category to product-categorie.
That solves going from en to nl, but to go from en to nl I needed to deactivate the plugin WooCommerce NL.
Let me know if this is ok, please.
Regarding your second question. WPML is not an automatic translator. So changes should be done per language.
Kind Regards

May 7, 2015 at 3:33 pm #614328

tsafrirN

Hi Otto,
Thanks for the help, you can deactivate the plugin WooCommerce NL

Tsafi

May 7, 2015 at 5:29 pm #614432

Otto
Supporter

Hi Tsafi,
It's deactivated now and you can go from en to nl and nl to en categoy pages without problems, as far as I can see.
Please check if it's working fine and let me know if you find any issue.
Kind regards

May 8, 2015 at 10:40 am #614917

tsafrirN

Thanks Otto, It work ok now,

Tsafi